About the job
Perx Health is a Digital Care company building the world’s highest-engagement programs for daily condition management. We empower people through world-class engagement that leaves no one behind, bridging the intention-action gap with behavioural science and ultimately strengthening the habits for better health. Whether in clinical research or large, real-world programs, Perx is proven to improve health and business outcomes.
Lead our testing to ensure the quality of all products released on our iOS, Android and web apps. You will work within our agile Engineering and Product team as a permanent team member, part-time up to 20 hours per week.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Attending the Engineering and Product team agile ceremonies such as stand-ups, sprint planning and retrospectives where possible with the part-time schedule for this role
- Performing regression testing on iOS, Android and web apps within the 2-week sprint cycles
- Raising bug tickets in JIRA and retesting before release.
- Working closely with the Perx Product Manager to learn more about upcoming new products and test as they are developed.
- Writing new test scripts to add to future regression cycles and update existing test scripts as required.
- Ensuring our mobile and web apps are constantly improving and that our users get the best possible experience.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Understand the products and services available on our iOS and Android apps
- Meet the entire company and learn the nuts and bolts of our business, and where we’re going.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Feel confident running regression testing cycles on our iOS and Android apps
- Understand our enterprise web app
- Be familiar enough with our full product suite to update existing test cases and ensure we have proper coverage of key features
- Understand the Perx product development process from backlog prioritisation to sprint planning and sprint delivery
Within 6 months, you will:
- Be confidently working with engineers to troubleshoot issues and fix them as you identify them
- Making suggestions on how to improve our testing processes and test environments
- Be giving feedback to Perx Product team on product pain points and usability issues you’ve come across during testing
- At least 1 year testing experience with iOS and Android apps
- Experience with JIRA for raising bug tickets (or similar)
- Experience with Zephyr for writing, updating and executing test scripts / test cases (or similar)
- Have worked in an agile software development environment
- Experience with (or an interest in learning) test automation so we can look at how to become more efficient with a small team as our business grows and our product suite expands
- Have the confidence to be the test lead and own the testing and quality assurance processes at Perx with the support of Product and Engineering teams
- Are a natural born troubleshooter when it comes to technology and software
- Will advocate for our users and champion the cause for great quality products and services
- Are happy to be part of a team working remotely - most of our team is in Sydney but we also have team members working across different countries and time-zones!
- Thrive in a start-up environment where products are constantly evolving and growing at a very fast pace
- Are happy to work in a permanent part-time role up to 20 hours per week. Note that flexible working hours are available, but we would prefer someone who has availability that overlaps at least partially with NSW business hours so the team can be online at the same time where possible
Perks of working for Perx
- Remote-friendly, parent-friendly & support for flexible working arrangements.
- Work remotely from anywhere in Australia or from the Perx Surry Hills office close to Sydney Central Station
- As an early member of our Product and Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to take the lead on testing and help optimize current processes.
- Perx is a small company, so you will work closely with our founders and other important stakeholders like our Sales and Customer Service teams
- We work remotely but stay connected on Slack, and have regular Google Meet catch ups including eDrinks and/or eCoffee every Friday
- A small engineering and product team means everyone works closely together and learns from each other
- Awesome company-wide retreats every year
- Your own professional development budget for education courses, attending conferences and or buying books
But, the real benefit is that at Perx Health, you'll get to do challenging, impactful work with smart and dedicated teammates.