At Spaceship, we’re on a mission to enable people to invest in their future, so they can live the life they want to live. We started in 2017 with Spaceship Super, and in 2018 we launched Spaceship Voyager, which is making investing easy, for everyone.
Since launch, we have grown to more than 175,000 financial members and surpassed $950 million in funds under management – but we’re just getting started.
What will you be doing?
As a Risk & Compliance Graduate at Spaceship, you will be part of the 2nd line of defence, in supporting our independent Governance Risk & Compliance function. You're day to day will cover dealing with matters such as risk identification and assessment, committee and board reporting, second line controls assurance activities, third party risk management, business continuity management and meeting Spaceship regulatory requirements.
More specifically, you will support and assist with;
- Implementation and delivery of the compliance and risk frameworks.
- Risk ‘governance’ processes, such as internal assessment, reporting processes and requirements, particularly regarding outsourcing and third party risk management.
- Quarterly risk & compliance reporting process for committees and boards including collating information, tracking and analysing risk appetite and associated tolerance levels for key risk indicators and risk culture metrics.
- Testing of controls as part of quarterly, half yearly and annual managed investment scheme compliance plan and risk obligations.
- Further developing and embedding a ‘risk culture’ analysis and reporting process, with a focus on gathering and analysing metrics and data for quarterly board reporting.
- Further development and embedding of the ‘emerging risk’ process, including maintenance of the risk register.
- 1st line of defence in the execution of the ‘control self-assessment’ process, as well as the 2nd line of defence controls testing and assurance program.
- Execution of the business continuity program, including supporting the annual review and testing requirements.
- Meeting preparation, including setting agendas, collating minutes and actions, and following up as required.
- Rollout of various training modules across the business, including monitoring of completion rates and providing progress updates and reporting.
- The build out of the Governance Risk & Compliance system.
What are we looking for?
- An interest in risk management, compliance, assurance, governance, or auditing
- An interest in financial services, personal finance and technology.
- Demonstrated communication, with effective negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong research, analytical, problem solving, and reporting skills.
- You're tech-savvy with an ability to learn and use a variety of different software applications.
- You're enthusiastic, proactive, and have a “can do” attitude.
What are the perks and benefits?
- Competitive salary + equity options.
- Monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
- Emphasis on a healthy work/life balance.
- Flexibility to work from home or the office.
Who are we?
We are ~50 people passionate about enabling people to invest in their future.
We value forward-thinking, accessibility, curiosity, transparency and simplicity in everything we do - from the way we collaborate to the products we create.
Spaceship has raised more than $50m to date from some of the world’s most renowned investors including Horizons Ventures, AirTree Ventures, Grok Ventures, Valar Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and New Enterprise Associates.