From an Australian-born company to a rapidly growing global business, we’re on the ride of a lifetime!
We’re on a mission to be the world’s most loved way to pay. We love connecting our customers with brands they love and empowering them to spend their money and buy what they want in a responsible way. We’re all about building a high-performing team, where our teams come to work to be the best they can be. We are grounded in reality and work together to achieve the extraordinary.
It’s a fast-paced business and that’s the way we love it. We know that world class talent is the only way to pave our future success, so come and work with some of the brightest minds and be part of the once in a lifetime ride.
About the Opportunity
As Afterpay continues to grow, so does our Marketing Team! We are currently expanding our in house capabilities and are looking for a Content Writer to bring an innovative perspective on emerging trends in the industry, together with insights that articulate the compelling value of Afterpay’s proposition and story. In this full time and permanent position, you will be a key contributor to the Brand Marketing team, producing short, medium and long-form formats of work.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Fully own and deliver the content plan for the marketing team, collaborating across teams to understand key themes and messages to incorporate in your writing
- Create distinctive original content incorporating researched facts that drive growth at all stages of the marketing funnel
- Be a champion of our brand, ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice - but above all innovative and engaging
- Work closely with the Brand Design team to create synergy between visual and written work along with other departments to generate content that delivers on objectives whilst driving the brand and using the Afterpay ‘voice’
- Write content tailored to different channels and focuses at short notice: Consumer, Brand, Retail Campaign, Website, Blogs and Events to name a few
- Know your own SEO optimisations, content categorisation and structure
- Work alongside Afterpay’s Social Media and Community Manager to support social media postings and community content, amplifying the reach of content to relevant audiences
- Achieve a level of Afterpay product competency to assist the crafting and publishing of comms to the customer
- Coordinate with agencies and freelancers where necessary to manage content contributions
- Experience writing in a professional capacity, either as a professional journalist or employed as a writer in content production for a creative agency or PR firm
- Experience writing for B2C brands will be highly regarded
- Exceptional writing capabilities; able to articulate a compelling idea with a sharp, witty tone of voice
- You ‘get’ our brand - what it is, what it needs to say and how it shows up
- You’re willing to adapt a writing style to suit different audiences, and adapt content to fit different channels of distribution
- You’re passionate, strategic and a problem solver
- You’re comfortable working in an ever changing, often ambiguous, but always fun, environment
With your application, we ask you present a portfolio of stories in short and long form to demonstrate your experience and capabilities.