Brosa is one of Australia’s fastest-growing consumer brands, and are proud to be making waves in the $14B home and living industry. We are famous for our uncomplicated and straightforward shopping experience, and we pride ourselves on delivering fantastic customer experiences. Our mission is to make it simple for Australians to create a home they will love.
Founded in Melbourne in 2014, Brosa is backed by Australia’s most prominent and successful Venture Capital funds, including AirTree Ventures and Bailador. We recently closed a $4M round with strategic investors to help fuel our future growth.
What are we looking for
We are experiencing an exciting period of growth at Brosa and are searching for an experienced Financial Controller that has worked in large organisations and is now looking to enter a high growth dynamic environment to join our team.
As Financial Controller, you will manage the Financial Control, Reporting, and Accounting operations for Brosa. You will be responsible for driving continuous improvement across the business, whilst ensuring all compliance requirements are met and you will be a key support to the CFO and management team. You will also work closely with the management team to deliver a high level of service.
Reporting to the CFO, your role will utilise your strong communication skills and proactive drive to deliver a high quality, customer centric service to key stakeholders across the business. Your primary objective is to manage and deliver the financial control and reporting function for Brosa. Because you are highly motivated, organised and have an eye to identify opportunities for continuous improvement you will be able to manage the broad ranging nature of your role while focusing on the variety of different priorities with competing deadlines across the business.
- CA qualified in a top tier accounting firm, with 10+ years of post-qualified experience in a large corporate/public company and/or professional services environment
- Statutory reporting experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams and stakeholders
- Strong communication skills with a track-record in gaining the confidence of stakeholders and ability to build strong working relationships
- Demonstrated aptitude for enhancing business processes
- Self-motivated and ability to manage and prioritise deliverables effectively and efficiently
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build the confidence and engagement of the CFO and executive team, and key business stakeholders
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- A can-do attitude with the team at the centre of your thinking
- Well organised and process orientated
- Proven ability to train, develop and lead team members
- Effective time management skills
- Experience in cloud based general ledger systems experience (currently use Xero)
- Intermediate to advanced excel and google sheets skills
- Intermediate to advanced power-point and google slides skills
- Statutory reporting in a public company environment
- Systems implementation experience
- Lead the day to day financial operations
- Implement financial control processes and ensure ongoing compliance
- Support forecasting and budgeting process
- Preparation of Board information and presentations
- Manage month end reporting procedures
- Develop and manage monthly management results reporting (financial and non-financial)
- Manage year end procedures for company tax and external audit, as well as statutory compliance
- Review all compliance requirements with ATO, State Revenue Office, and Workcover, and ensure lodgement dates are achieved throughout the year
- Assist in preparation of grant applications
- Preparation of budget and forecast models and ongoing maintenance
- Review all compliance requirements, and ensure lodgement dates are achieved throughout the year
- Manage accounts receivables and payables processes
- Manage payroll & HR administration function
- Ensure all key insurances are in place and up to date
- Proactively work on special projects such as capital raising support
- Ongoing communication and transparency around workflows, prioritisation, and roadblocks
- Establish and embedded new processes and procedures to support a high growth Company
- Supervise & understand current workflows and ensure alignment across the business
- Provide continuous process improvement of key workflows
- Identify and implement new systems and platforms to support key finance processes
- Manage our workflow management tool and ensure the team are aligned to the key goals and activities within your clients
What success looks like
In your first few months you'll have wrapped your arms around your team, and have worked to build a strong connection with them, your colleagues, and other stakeholders. You'll begin to support a culture of sharing successes and failures, and will be working to continuously improve process and procedures. You'll have also found the right balance between managing risk and supporting business growth.
At Brosa, we aim to build an exceptional environment to help our team thrive. Our goal is to help our team produce their best work and find enjoyment in their role. We work hard to create an atmosphere that is high on trust, honesty, accountability, commitment and of course, fun. Some additional perks of the role include:
- Staff Discounts on Brosa products
- Flexible working arrangements
- Paid leave on your birthday
- Free weekly mindfulness practice
- Regular celebrations and team socials
- Opportunity to work in one of the fastest-growing companies in Australia
- Weekly TED-style talks that encourage collaboration and growth amongst team members
We believe that diversity is critical to our success. We will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.