Buildkite is the fastest, most reliable, secure way to deploy and test code at any scale. Making developers happy and productive makes us happy, and we’re lucky to work closely with some of the best software teams in the world, including Airbnb, Shopify, Intercom, PagerDuty, and Basecamp.
We are a privately held company that values sustainable growth, transparency and work-life balance. We’re currently a distributed team of twenty-six, and work remotely from Seattle, Vancouver, Perth, Sydney, Hobart, Adelaide, Tokyo, Oakland, Wellington, Berlin and Melbourne.
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced customer-centric product marketer with a high technical aptitude to help drive product marketing strategy as well as build technical materials for developers. We’re at an exciting phase of growth at Buildkite and there are plenty of opportunities to help create our marketing function. In this role, you will work closely with our VP of Marketing to help new users experience our product and build our brand. We’re looking for someone who possesses deep empathy for teammates and our customer’s experience.
Useful Previous Experience
- In-depth technical product marketing, solution architect and/or product management experience
- B2B software industry experience
- Ability to manage workloads with multiple competing priorities and deadlines
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop initiatives and stories that DevOps teams can ingest
- Specific experience with DevOps
- Experience working with a startup
- Understanding of coding languages/frameworks
Samples of What You‘ll Do
- Support product launches with marketing strategy and content around new product capabilities, releases.
- Drive Buildkite’s product trial and onboarding experience for marketing.
- Create compelling content relevant to a wide variety of technology-focused topics from webinars, podcasts, demos, ebooks, videos, whitepapers, datasheets, websites, blogs, social media platforms and more.
- Where needed, jump in to help teammates on less technical content-related projects including newsletters, case studies and more.
- Help develop content for third-party analyst relations efforts including briefings, and responses.
- Research information from internal and external subject matter experts to develop and organize great assets across a variety of marketing channels.
- Become a subject matter expert (SME) on key topics, industries, and technologies related to Buildkite.
- Understand rich media, and the use of photographs, industry-recognized icons, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts to drive understanding of the topic.
- Use SEO best practices as you develop assets for the web.
- Develop and demonstrate empathy for Buildkite customers, partners and staff.
- Brainstorm new ideas and strategies for effective content with the marketing team, delivering positive results.
- Support demand generation and content marketing campaigns with expertly crafted persona-specific content.
Timezone: Remote, with significant overlap with PST
Hours: Full time
Role Type: Permanent