B2B Email Marketing Specialist
We’re Maropost, Canada’s 4th fastest growing tech company as named by Profit 500! Our Software as a Service Marketing Cloud technology provides organisations with a single platform to connect with customers via marketing automation, mass and transactional email, social media, mobile messaging, landing pages, and ecommerce.
Our platform is used and trusted by thousands of brands worldwide to maximise their revenue. Our Australian-based unified ecommerce platform empowers thousands of B2B and multi-channel ecommerce businesses, big and small, to achieve more. From online stores, POS terminals and marketplace connections, to inventory, order management and shipping, our all-in-one platform connects it all.
We’re on a mission to build the most technically advanced marketing & ecommerce platform in the world coupled with unsurpassed customer service and support.
We're on the hunt for an innovative B2B Email Marketing Specialist, to work with our marketing team and drive our product vision.
Reporting to the Head of Demand Generation - leveraging your extensive experience with other B2B businesses, you’ll create email journeys that take prospects through each stage of the buying decision process and handed over as sales ready leads.
What you’ll be responsible for:
If you’re awesome at B2B email marketing strategy and execution – this role is for you!
You’ll identify different segments and personas and create the optimum email journeys, content offerings and email communication calendars for each of them.
You’ll then lean on your sales funnel copywriting capabilities and work with our creative team to produce effective emails that get prospects to take action.
Always looking to optimise performance, you will continuously analyse our metrics to identify new opportunities and improvement initiatives.
What you’ll need to bring to Maropost:
- Work in close collaboration with others in the marketing team to identify content funnel strategies and email journeys that take prospects through the buying decision process and handed over as sales ready leads. Design strategies that attract visitors, convert to known prospects, nurture and drive inbound sales leads. Then take ownership for the email marketing elements of those content funnel programs, while others focus on content asset (lead magnet) production and attracting traffic.
- Identify different segments and triggers in our prospect audiences to create email campaigns and sequences for – to move each of them into sales ready leads. Create distinct, detailed personas and relevant email journeys for each of them.
- Map out how and when we will use existing content assets within different email journeys and collaborate with the team to shape new content requirements to support the email marketing strategy.
- Oversee the email marketing calendar to ensure an optimum level of communication per persona (and each individual prospect) and timely execution of campaigns.
- Map out and oversee the production of all email nurture funnels and sequences, newsletters, and single blast emails for each segment / persona.
- Identify strategies to grade email campaign audience members by their level of engagement and intent to feed outbound MQLs to the sales team.
- Plan and write the content for each email and work with our designers to ensure they are optimised to achieve the desired next action / conversion point.
- Brief Marketing Operations to build the required sequences, campaigns, and workflows in our Marketing Automation platform (HubSpot) and associated Martech stack – plus, where required, take ownership for the build of some projects yourself.
- Prioritise and project manage all email marketing campaigns ensuring they are executed on time and to the required brief.
- Conduct extensive analysis, testing, and optimisation to continuously improve the performance of our email marketing activities and provide strategic insights on our audience to the marketing team.
Experience & Education Requirements:
- B2B email marketing expert with proven track record of designing and executing funnels and campaigns that take different prospect segments through each of the stages of the buying journey.
- Ability to write and shape compelling email content that gets prospects to take the desired call to action.
- Able to grasp technical features and concepts and communicate them in a concise and clear manner within the email medium.
- A great eye for design and flair for creativity whilst working within specified brand and messaging guidelines.
- Highly collaborative team player.
- Proven track record of designing and implementing email marketing funnels and campaigns that generate sales team leads for B2B (ideally software/tech) brands. Ability to present a wide portfolio of such previous content and the strategies and results associated with them.
- B2B sales funnel copywriting experience – able to provide a portfolio of examples of email copy you have written and demonstrate how it helped to take people to take a desired next action.
- Min 2+ years B2B marketing experience.
- Experience with HubSpot and/or Zoho Campaigns
- Video and image editing capabilities
- Experience with Agile/Scrum operating methods
Option to work remotely from anywhere in APAC or be based in our offices in Sunshine Coast (QLD), Australia.
Equal Employment Opportunist:
Maropost is deeply committed to promoting diversity, advancing equity, and fostering a culture of inclusion. Therefore, we invite applications from marginalised and equity-seeking groups. Individuals seeking employment at Maropost are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please feel free to alert us of any accommodations needed at [email protected].