Seer is developing technology to revolutionise the diagnosis and management of neurological conditions, with a special focus on epilepsy. Our mission is to deliver deep personalised clinical insights and advance patient experience with leading-edge technology.
Our technology consists of wearable devices, a cloud platform and machine learning systems. These systems are at the core of our at-home video-EEG-ECG monitoring and diagnostic technology - the first of its kind. Seer has already made a big impact across Australia over the last three years and is now building for international expansion.
About The Role
We are looking for a medical device validation lead who can manage the evaluation and eventual rollout of new products and technologies for our global business. This will involve overseeing the operation and growth of the New Technology Rollout group, and managing the team within this group. This role will involve planning and executing in-house and beta testing, and rollout of new technology, playing a key role in maintaining the quality of our products.
To be successful in this role, you should be well-organised, have great time and people management skills, and be able to act without guidance. You should be the type of person who loves solving problems, and have a keen interest in medical technology, machine learning and electronics. You’ll play a crucial role in the development and release of ground-breaking technology, and be at the forefront of epilepsy diagnostic innovation internationally.
- Design and execute medical device validation and usability tests to fully functionally test new products and technologies, to ensure smooth and successful commercial release.
- Design appropriate design validation, field evaluation and usability tests to ensure that new technology meets the high standards required for commercial release.
- Collate and analyse collected data, identify/resolve potential issues and advise management when new developments are ready for commercial release.
- Collate and analyse data on newly released products and technologies, to identify and proactively resolve potential issues.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and identify solutions to resolve system issues, and escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Ensure all user testing complies with safety standards and privacy and confidentiality laws, practices and regulations globally. This includes reviewing data collection and storage policies.
- Interact with clinical staff to review testing progress, and make changes to the test structure/processes based on subject or team feedback.
- Lead, grow and develop a team and its processes to ensure high standards are continually met.
- Mentor the team in acceptable clinical practices, and assist with hiring and policy communication.
- You have a degree in engineering or healthcare.
- You have 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- You have experience with process control in compliance with standards such as ISO13485, MDR and 27001.
- You have previous experience in a leadership role and experience managing others.
- You have a valid driving license and active driving experience.
- You have experience working in or around a hospital system.
- You are well-organised and have experience in report writing.
- You have great time management skills and are able to act without guidance.
- You can identify problems and use these to recommend and implement improvements.
What We Offer
- An opportunity to work with the best of the best, solving life-changing problems
- Professional development and career growth
- Working in an inclusive environment that promotes diversity
- Competitive salary
Please note: while we value flexibility, we're not able to accommodate remote working at this time - this role is based at Seer HQ in central Melbourne, VIC.