From an Australian-born company to a rapidly growing global business, we’re on the ride of a lifetime!
We’re on a mission to be the world’s most loved way to pay. We love connecting our customers with brands they love and empowering them to spend their money and buy what they want in a responsible way. We’re all about building a high-performing team, where our teams come to work to be the best they can be. We are grounded in reality and work together to achieve the extraordinary.
It’s a fast-paced business and that’s the way we love it. We know that world class talent is the only way to pave our future success, so come and work with some of the brightest minds and be part of the once in a lifetime ride.
About the Opportunity
Afterpay is in search of an experienced and passionate creative to lead our in-house design team with a mission to drive Afterpay’s overall brand aesthetic. In this pivotal role we are looking for a leader who can take ownership of our creative outputs to conceptualise, design and produce marketing assets that elevate the Afterpay brand and help us achieve our wider marketing and customer objectives.
In this permanent, full time position, you will be part of our wider Brand Marketing team, working with Campaign and Brand Managers, Retail Marketers, Digital marketing, development teams and external agencies to create and implement world-class designs that elevate the overall position of our brand.
This position is a fun, hands on role working in an agile, collaborative and creative environment. You will leverage your strong skills in art direction and execution, from designing homepage content, to working on campaigns, advertising, social media content and creative outputs.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead a core creative team in the creation of multimedia marketing assets, from answering briefs through ideation, creative strategy, concept and delivery
- Be guided by our brand strategy to set the visual direction of all visual creative channels, including design, photography, video, styling, and post-production for online and offline channels
- Take the creative lead on assigned projects; ideate concepts, brainstorm and pitch ideas - encourage innovative thinking and new approaches
- Review work with the wider marketing and commercial teams, taking key stakeholders on the journey and always providing clear and constructive direction and feedback
- Work holistically with our new Content Writer to create the perfect balance of design and the written word
- Assist in the evolution and maintenance of the style guide for the Afterpay brand
- Work with key stakeholders to concept and art direct shoots (photography and video) to ensure synergy in shoot art direction, keep things on-brand and deliver in-line with the objectives
- Manage the production budget for campaigns and launches
- You’re excited and passionate about fashion, design and all things current!
- You have your finger on the pulse and are always exploring ways to push the boundaries creatively and elevate a brand to the next level through strong art direction
- With some experience leading teams, you’re a seasoned graphic designer or creative manager but you also understand the interplay with content and how to deliver a message
- Experienced working in advertising or digital agencies or working across fashion brands
- You are someone who is constantly looking at new and exciting ways to create aspirational designs, and can execute a brief and bring a concept to life
- You’re a super user in a number of design tools (i.e Adobe suite) and you have a full understanding of the design process and principles that make these tools shine - you also have a view on what tools you need to succeed
- You have a strong knowledge of social media platforms to get the most from creative
- You are comfortable working with agencies where necessary
- You have proven examples of producing high-level creative concept work including pitching
Please note, when applying for this opportunity we ask you to include a link to your portfolio of work.