Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The role is responsible for the installation and support of new and existing tracking system infrastructures across the globe. This includes working collaboratively with the commercial team to design solutions and win new business and the end to end management of Customers and external partners to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
- Full end to end technical ownership of projects (pre-sales through to client handover)
- Mentor and train other engineers and support staff and seek to continually improve processes companywide
- Ownership of product validations, regional QA and upkeep of internal documentation
- Manage multiple projects concurrently to meet all service level agreements, on time and under budget.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with customers and partners across the region
DECISION MAKING / SUPERVISION
- Sign-off system design and commissioning for sites.
- Full ownership of project plans and timelines.
- Operations sign-off for newly released products.
- Supervision and mentoring of any Field & Services Engineers and Technicians that are working on projects.
- System design for varying sites and environments. Need the ability to solve complex problems and tailor design principles for varying sites.
- RF interference and new technology from other companies.
- Roll-out of new technology, which has had limited field testing.
- Management of external stakeholders with different priorities.
- Time management of concurrent priorities and projects.
- Communication internally to collect all critical information to be able to provide realistic timelines, all while managing stakeholders’ expectations.
- Pressure of a live matchday environment and broadcast delivery.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS / INTERACTIONS
- External partners: Manage relationships with leagues, media and data providers to ensure requirements are met and all parties are kept informed. This includes regular review and the reporting of incidents.
- Commercial Team: Collaborate effectively to design and cost optimal solutions for Customers. Design project plans to meet delivery timelines and customer expectations.
- Hardware Team: Provide data driven feedback to improve the product’s stability and scalability.
- Support Team: Handoff and train the support team following the installation of systems. Ensure appropriate documentation is provided and kept up to date. Troubleshoot complex issues and provide continuous training.
- Have an engineering, IT, computer science, electronics degree or equivalent
- 5+ Years experience in an equivalent technical role
- Proven project management experience. Onsite management of contractors and client expectations across multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong IT and software troubleshooting skills
- Strong hardware diagnostic and troubleshooting of electronic equipment
- Strong IP network design, setup/configuration and implementation
- IP network or Cisco certification highly regarded (CCNA/ CCNP)
- Proven ability to work autonomously with little day to day oversight
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.