Take a seat on our rocket ship and join us on our mission to change education around the world. We’re a rapidly growing SaaS company and are looking for a QA Engineer who will help us break things, so our customers don’t.
Who we are?
Xplor and QK Technologies have recently joined forces to become an international team of over 160 people hailing from offices in Melbourne, Brisbane and London. Being part of the TSG Group and their Education vertical, both our brands share the passion for education and innovative technology and want to support those who make it great.
Our product suite is changing education by helping childcare services and educators easily manage and automate all aspects of their operations, as well as by connecting parents with their children's well-being and growth.
Your impact as a QA Engineer
We want you to break things on purpose so our customers don’t break them by accident and encounter a negative user experience.
You’ll evaluate and champion quality throughout the product development cycle by unifying team test methods, asking the obvious and not-so-obvious questions and challenge assumptions. You will collaborate with our Product, Development, Infrastructure, Support and Sales team and ensure that we release the highest quality product possible.
- You’ll lead our test effort through team test strategy and collaboration
- You’ll define how requirements will be tested thorough test analysis and coordination with our development teams
- You’ll create test cases and test data
- You’ll report defects and help triage, then prioritise them
- You’ll work with the BAs to write clear acceptance criteria that focus on the user experience
- You’ll contribute to automated, exploratory, performance and production verification testing
- You’ll perform regression testing and manual testing
- You’ll identify milestone Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies
- You’ll champion Cross-Functional Requirements across the business
- You’ll create documentation to support knowledge sharing
What would make me a good candidate?
- You’ll have 3-5 years of experience in Quality Assurance
- You’ll have a relevant Bachelor’s degree in ICT/Computer Science
- You’re experienced in working with and establishing test frameworks
- You’re experienced in testing Windows, web-based and mobile applications
- You’re experienced in manual testing and in creating test automation
- You’ve actively participated in the planning and execution of test plans and test cases in an agile team
- You’re a stickler for detail
- You’re able to understand proposed architecture and product requirements for new features
- You pride yourself with strong analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- You're a continuous learner with a strong drive to achieve personal goals and adopt experimentation as a means to learn faster
- You're able to work in a team where you manage your own time and priorities
- You're motivated by a fast-paced environment where you will have to constantly adapt - no two days are the same!
- You align with our four core values: Be Humble, Obsess Over Others, Think Deeply Move Quickly, and Embrace Change
Tech stack and tools you’ll get your hands on
- Ruby stack, XUnit, TestCafe
- PHP, Elixir and React
- JIRA, Confluence, Postman, Miro
What it means to work for us
You get to be a part of redefining the education sector and have a chance to make a real impact every single day you come to work. Some of the other benefits and perks of working with us:
- We offer a salary of $85-95k + Super
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn, with accelerated career development for high performers
- A collaborative, flat structured team environment with people who truly love what they do
- Regular social activities and celebrations
- 10 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave benefit
- 3 days paid Volunteer Leave per year
- $1500 individual yearly L&D budget
- Childcare discounts, mental health support
- Flexible work arrangements, including remote working from anywhere in the world for 8 weeks per year for all roles
- Discounts to study an MBA in Innovation and Leadership
- Discounts on tech from Apple and JB Hi-Fi
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter and we will be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "makeedugreat" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad. Your contact is Stefan (Talent Engagement Specialist).
Individuals seeking employment at our company are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Please also note that successful candidates will be required to obtain a Working With Children Check as part of their employment.