Employment Hero is one of Australia's fastest-growing tech companies. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small to medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. Having expanded globally in late 2020 we will continue to grow rapidly in 2021 and beyond.
We believe in distributed employment and take a ‘Remote First’ approach with our team. We don’t mind if you live in Broome, Bendigo or Bondi, if you’ve got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you.
As we continue to scale exponentially, we have an exciting growth opportunity to bring onboard an experienced Technology Manager to head up our core platform. Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will be instrumental in enabling continuous improvement of our platform, providing best practice and architecture, and ensure we're always staying on top of the game with the latest technology.
Employment Hero celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences, we invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
- Provide best-practice running and architecture of the platform core; encompassing:
- Performance optimisation and software currency
- Design consultancy services for the wider Engineering team across all functional areas
- Addressing and staying ahead of security concerns
- Instrumentation, monitoring and alerting
- Ownership of infrastructure cost and capacity planning management
- Development responsibilities for shared assets used across functional areas and internal and external integrations
- Leadership of multiple teams and team members, development of core technology staff
- 5+ years designing complex systems as a Senior Engineer or specialist role including software architecture design and deployment
- 7+ years of programming experience in designing and developing APIs, microservices, web applications, mobile applications, real-time applications
- 3+ years of cloud platform Infrastructure experience
- Strong communication and written skills
- Experience managing Technology teams across a range of disciplines
- Knowledge of and advocate for Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Software Engineering best practices
- Critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Masters or higher qualifications in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Experience working in a fast-paced SaaS environment
- Deep knowledge of AWS cloud platform
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- Our Sydney office is dog friendly and remains open for team meetings, collaboration days and those who need a day away from their home office (we are a COVID-safe workspace for those who choose to use it!)
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, screen? You name it!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Continuing education / post-graduate assistance program
- Virtual yoga classes
- Weekly virtual happy-hour and social events to get to know your new colleagues
- Quarterly & yearly team celebrations
- Access to the EH Employee Benefits Program and Hero Rewards Shop, of course!
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!
Why join Employment Hero?
* The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
* Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
* Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
* LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
* Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
* Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
* GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
* HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
* HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
* HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
* EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018
* Dynamic Business Top 10 Entrepreneurs, our CEO Ben Thompson ranked #2
* BRW Most Innovative Companies 2015
* Anthill Smart 100 List 2015
* Startup Daily Top 50 Emerging Leaders 2015
* HRD Employer of Choice Award 2015
* Aon Hewitt Best Employers 2013