About Quantum Brilliance
Quantum Brilliance is the world leader in room-temperature quantum computing using synthetic diamonds. Our unique vision is to make quantum computing available as an everyday technology, from data centres to remote and mobile systems like autonomous robots and satellites.
We are working with global technology leaders to develop quantum computing applications, integrate quantum with high-performance computing, solve materials science challenges and develop ultra-precise semiconductor manufacturing and control techniques. Our HQs are in Canberra and also in Stuttgart, Germany, with additional locations in Sydney, Melbourne and southern Germany. We are backed by leading venture-capital funds and major research and technology institutes.
About the Role
Our teams in Australia and Germany have been experiencing accelerated growth, we are expanding our Global Operations Team and currently looking for an Operations Manager to support a wide variety of people, projects and initiatives both in Australia and Germany. This role would be ideally located in our HQ in Canberra but could also be located in our Sydney operations.
In Quantum Brilliance, the Operations Team is the glue that ensures we deliver for our customers and partners. As the Operations Manager, you will be one of the early joiners and an integral part of this growing team helping to build operational excellence and continuously improve our existing frameworks. You will be involved in designing and implementing new operations systems and processes within Quantum Brilliance that are essential to support and facilitate the growth of our early-mid stage deep-tech R&D venture. For reference, in terms of anticipated growth, we are currently approx 90+ staff with plans to triple in size over the next 3 years.
- With support from our international team, you’ll take a human-centred approach to designing and delivering internal process and system upgrades globally.
- Engage and manage stakeholders to collect their input on entirely new systems and processes and make informed decisions that nurture growth.
- Drive best practices and influence stakeholders towards this.
- Project manage the implementation of these new systems and processes.
- Build relationships with QB Leadership, project managers, and quantum thought leaders to drive operational excellence in our fast-growing company, ensuring that all stakeholders will be included.
- Work in a diverse team in an agile and fast turnaround environment to cleanly deliver business outcomes that make Quantum Brilliance a great place to work.
- Communicate optimally with local and remote teams including procurement, accounting, IT, HR, Project Management, and more.
- You will proactively identify what’s needed in the company and find ways to meet that need.
- Work across big picture initiatives with the ability to break assignments down into manageable efforts, coordinating with the international team to ensure they can be tracked and delivered.
- You’ll be the backbone of the team: striving to continuously improve QB’s core business, collaborate with team members across the board, supporting company execution amid shifting priorities, and being a genuinely helpful person.
- 5+ years of experience across Business Process Design, Stakeholder Management, Project Management, and Change Management. A combination of these backgrounds is ideal.
- Ability to work autonomously in an agile, fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Ability to prioritize, manage and track multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communications skills
- Truly self-motivated and humbled personality, with a willingness to question one’s own assumptions, admit mistakes, and learn from them.
- A firm understanding of when “good” is enough vs. when “great” is needed, and how to create excellence in both scenarios.
- A Diversity Advocate displaying integrity, honesty, and openness.
- Not afraid to wear various hats, but always have an eye for detail.
- Experience in a start-up / scale-up and/or R&D organization.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment; hence we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We are aware that some individuals tend to only apply for jobs when they meet 100% of the criteria. If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit!