Take a seat on our rocket ship and join us on our mission to change education around the world. We’re a rapidly growing SaaS company and are looking for a Retention Specialist to help us maintain healthy relationships with our customers and improve customer loyalty and advocacy.
Who we are?
Xplor and QK Technologies have recently joined forces to become an international team of over 160 people hailing from offices in Melbourne, Brisbane and London. Being part of the TSG Group and their Education vertical, both our brands share the passion for education and innovative technology and want to support those who make it great.
Our product suite is changing education by helping childcare services and educators easily manage and automate all aspects of their operations, as well as by connecting parents with their children's well-being and growth.
What will I be doing as a Retention Specialist?
You’ll help us better understand our existing customers and their needs and set up our brand for even greater success. You’ll be critical to identify at-risk customers, understand their concerns and proactively reduce churn by a combination of contacting directly or alerting the account manager of the risk.
- You'll identify retention risks by mining data points (NPS surveys, login data, submission data, tickets) and ensure these risks are proactively managed
- You'll ensure that we track churn accurately by following up with each customer and ensuring we collect important data for us to learn from
- You'll present weekly to the senior leadership team on accurate churn and ‘at risk’ numbers
- You'll proactively call at-risk SME customers to understand their concerns, and attempt to solve their issues in the first call. Otherwise, pass them to the relevant team member internally to solve their issues
- You'll collaborate with the Account Managers (Sales) and flag at-risk customers
- You'll develop and maintain outstanding service standards for all aspects of customer satisfaction
- You'll track activities in our internal systems, including detail and important updates for all customer interactions amongst other customer-facing teams
- You'll be a proactive member of the team advocating customer needs internally, owning their challenges and working on ways to prevent them from recurring
- You'll handle dissatisfied customers in a polite and professional fashion
What would make me a good candidate?
- You’ll have around 3 years of experience in Customer Success / Retention / Account Management / Support roles & conflict resolution, ideally in a SaaS or technology business
- You're not afraid of doing that difficult outbound call to talk with the customers and try to save them
- You have exceptional relationship-building skills and can easily build rapport
- You have developed great problem-solving and negotiation skills
- You have excellent written and verbal English skills as well as a confident phone manner and active listening skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and data management
- Empathic, emotionally intelligent, and driven to provide an outstanding customer experience
- Motivated by a fast-paced environment where you will have to constantly adapt - no two days are the same, seriously!
- Our core values resonate with you: Be Humble, Obsess Over Customers, Think Deeply Move Quickly, and Embrace Change
What it means to work for us
You get to be a part of redefining the education sector and have a chance to make a real impact every single day you come to work. Some of the other perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn, with accelerated career development for high performers
- A collaborative, flat structured team environment with people who truly love what they do
- Regular social activities and celebrations
- 10 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave benefit
- 5 days paid Volunteer Leave per year
- $1500 individual yearly L&D budget
- Childcare discounts, mental health support
- Flexible work arrangements, including remote working from anywhere in the world for 8 weeks per year for all roles
- Discounts to study an MBA in Innovation and Leadership
- Discounts on tech from Apple and JB Hi-Fi
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a brief covering letter and we will be in touch as soon as we can.
Individuals seeking employment at our company are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Please also note that successful candidates will be required to obtain a Working With Children Check as part of their employment.