Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
About the Opportunity
We are in search of a superstar Senior Manager to join our team and help drive the evolution of our Operational Risk framework, in order to help our growing business be even better at understanding and effectively managing their risks!
Reporting to our Senior Director, Operational Risk you will work across all areas of Operational Risk, driving improvements in risk and control capabilities, partnering with the risk owners to improve the design and operation of their controls, developing sustainable improvement and action plans, and building data driven, modern and efficient underlying risk processes in collaboration with other risk functions.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone that is looking to innovate in risk management and embed a modern, effective and efficient Operational Risk framework within a fast-moving and growing FinTech!
Your responsibilities will include, but won’t be limited to:
- Partner with stakeholders to bring our products to market and provide advice on risk related activities (e.g. risk assessments, controls assurance, incident investigations, pragmatic issue remediation, risk framework delivery)
- Promote the risk culture by participating in the development and delivery of training, awareness and other supporting materials
- Support the global implementation of the ERM software tool and using this and other tools to perform data driven controls testing and produce relevant data driven risk insights, reporting and analysis for management and the board
- Develop, socialise and embed risk related frameworks that are efficient, fit for purpose and manage the key risks appropriately
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- Proven experience in a relevant role (first line of defence and second line of defence experience preferable), either in professional services or in a listed business with a focus on risk and controls
- Motivated and proactive, with proven ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Strong understanding of risk practices, frameworks and governance coupled with a desire to innovate and challenge the assumptions in these areas
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with ability to engage and influence with all levels of management and staff, and work cross-culturally
- Strong verbal and written communication capabilities
Ability to partner with others to come up with pragmatic solutions to solve problems
- You thrive in a fast paced, ambiguous and ever changing environment
- Flexible and resilient, ability to manage multiple competing priorities and think holistically
- Excellent eye for detail but also able to see the bigger picture
We encourage you to apply if you have a passion to innovate in risk management, even if you don’t completely align with all of the above desired experiences and capabilities.
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19.