Snapshot of the Role
Lawpath is looking for a senior sales /strategy leader that can execute on Lawpath’s go-to-market strategy and build its sales function within the organisation. This leader will have experience growing B2B SaaS software sales teams, be process-driven and be comfortable managing multiple sales teams.
Who we are
Lawpath is Australia’s largest online legal platform for small businesses, disrupting a $100B industry and shaping the future of legal delivery. We believe that every small business should have access to legal services and the legal protection that they need. Lawpath makes this possible by offering innovative and transparent online legal software at a fraction of the cost, time and complexity of the traditional system. Our platform has now helped over 220,000 businesses access legal services and complete legal tasks online and on-demand. We were recently awarded #37 in Deloitte's 50 fastest growing businesses in Australia, #301 fastest growing businesses in Asia as well as Australian Legal Service Provider of the year. Backed by local and international investors, we’re growing rapidly and moving towards our goal of helping 1 million businesses with legal protection.
- Responsible for all sales teams with monetary / revenue targets. This includes our inside sales subscription teams, business set-up teams, legal teams and account management teams;
- Work with the leadership team to build and implement a sales and go to market strategy for the business;
- Responsible and accountable for the overall sales strategy of the company;
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to achieve corporate goals, including sales forecasting activities and set performance goals for the entire sales team;
- Building and leading a high performing sales team via strategic guidance, industry and sales training focused on quantitative results;
- Driving sales strategy, taking the initiative to implement best practices, compliance standards and programs that will enable the team to achieve and surpass quotas;
- Work with sales team leaders to implement and drive a sales training and orientation onboarding program to educate new sales hires as our company grows;
- Responsible for bonus and commission strategy to incentive and drive growth amongst the sales team;
- Ensure sales strategy is cohesive with milestones, spanning from business development, customer success, marketing, outbound, channels and online sales.
Who you are:
- You are a sales professional with 8yrs+ experience;
- You’ve had experience leading a team of 20+ inside sales representatives;
- You are comfortable with both inside sales and field reps;
- You are a consultative leader who seeks out multiple sources of information in order to understand and solve problems;
- You enjoy ‘zooming out’ to see the bigger picture and can balance leading from the front and thinking about the larger company strategy;
- You like delivering value to people and you find yourself coming up with innovative solutions;
- You are a confident communicator who can adapt your style to suit corporate clients and blue-collar workers;
- You take pride in building a team of high performers;
- You have proven experience in building and scaling a sales team in a high growth business, ideally in a freemium to Enterprise model.
If you were here this week, you would have:
- Created and delivered a presentation to the sales team that defined the ideal user persona and rationale behind a new lead segment that you want to trial;
- Had one-on-one meetings with sales team leaders to check-in and help them progress in their personal goals and coaching targets;
- Ran a meeting with the sales leaders to review the pipeline and discuss call volumes, talk times, scripts and conversion rates;
- Sat down with the Customer Success team to discuss the handoff of new customers to the post-sales teams;
- Worked with the marketing team to define a new lead-scoring model to ensure the sales teams are servicing the highest priority opportunities;
- Reviewed key sales performance metrics in Salesforce, and started putting together a presentation of the prior month’s performance and updated forecast for the next company-wide all-hands meeting;
- Discussed team growth, sales strategy and determined upcoming targets/hiring plans for the sales team with the leadership team;
- Conducted an OKR review with your direct reports and worked closely with our People and Culture lead to prepare to onboard a new starter in the sales team next week.
What we’ll provide:
- An ever-growing business where culture is fuelled by success;
- Competitive remuneration package & Employee Share Option Plan (ESOP);
- Flexible working opportunities;
- Annual budget for conferences and learning opportunities;
- Friday drinks and team building days;
- Quarterly team celebrations;
- Funky office in Surry Hills close to Bars, Cafes and Transport.
Take this great opportunity to join a fast growing and sociable company in an exciting new industry. Please apply with your CV. You need to have full legal working rights to work in Australia to be considered for this full-time position.