About the job
ResusRight is a Sydney based Startup building innovative medical devices to ensure the availability of world class care for every infant. Founded in early 2020 by a team of PhD Candidates and Clinicians, ResusRight has progressed through multiple accelerators including both the Remarkable Tech Accelerator and Startmate and is now hiring to expand internal capabilities.
What We Do:
Every year around the world 8 million newborns require help to start breathing. Of these, 1 million babies die and 1 million babies develop a permanent disability due to a lack of oxygen at birth. Our products aim to simplify and optimise the process of resuscitation – leading to better patient outcomes.
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to join the team and lead the design and development of C/C++ code for use in both consumer & medical devices with the potential to impact millions of lives.
In this role you will:
- Own the software development cycle - from concept through to user testing and manufacture
- Play a crucial role in ResusRight’s software development strategy! Defining software requirements, architecture specifications and test plans
- Develop in-house software/hardware tools for testing and R&D
- Be part of a fast-growing and dedicated team – working directly with the CTO and CEO
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience developing C/C++ code for embedded applications
- Familiar with using a Real Time Operating System
- Comfortable working autonomously and tackling tough problems
- Passionate about building software solutions to high impact real world problems
Good to haves:
- Experience developing software for a medical device, and familiarity with IEC-62304 and ISO-13485 would be great!
- Familiarity with implementation of wireless technologies such Bluetooth Low Energy
- Familiarity with embedded Linux-based systems is a bonus
If this describes you and you’re ready to join ResusRight get in touch!