Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ that delivers ultra-high performance at high resolution, even at incredibly far distances. Today, Baraja LiDAR is already deployed in multiple verticals, working with global automotive and industrial partners.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia, we also have offices in San Francisco, China and Europe. We are funded by Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Ventures and we are excited to continue growing the team!
As a Graduate Mechatronics Engineer, you will commence with several rotations within engineering functions at Baraja. Upon completing these rotations, you will have a good understanding of Baraja’s technology and be ready to deliver results and make a real impact.
We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates who are self-motivated, enjoy working on challenging problems and developing innovative solutions to those problems. You will also need to enjoy working in a fast-paced start-up environment.
Start dates will be between October 2021 to March 2022.
Inside the Job
- Collaborate with other team members to develop system and operational requirements, and project plans. Design, assemble and characterise prototype and proof of concept systems.
- Perform product design reviews for new systems.
- Prototype subassemblies to verify future concepts and performance.
- Develop test instrumentation to calibrate and test prototype systems and subassemblies.
- Foster innovation and knowledge share among colleagues.
- Assist in creation and execution of test plans, analysis and documentation of testing results.
- Create procedures and processes to effectively transfer concepts to manufacturing partners.
- Develop design alternatives and improvements.
- Collaboration with and support of the cross-functional technology development team in delivering projects.
- Bachelor degree or higher degree in Physics, Electrical, Mechatronics, Optical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Education completed in the last two (2) years or to be completed this year (2021).
- Full Australian working rights.
- A curious mind, and interest in learning in areas outside of your field of expertise.
- Demonstrably high levels of interest and enthusiasm in a hands-on technical area.
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills; the ability to succeed in a team environment.
- Practical programming experience in Python.
- Experience with CAD modelling.
- Ability to communicate complex engineering concepts clearly and concisely.
- Experience in project planning and management.
- Experience in automotive, sensors, or calibration, especially LiDAR.
Be part of a high-performance team
We work toward our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but definitely not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
- Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - Passion to achieve. Resilience & learning. What's the next challenge?
- Build the machine that builds the machine - It’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
- Develop sustained high performance - Great teams make great things. They also respectfully challenge each other to reach the next milestone.
What we can offer you
- Healthy lunch provided onsite
- Wellness Budget
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning & Development budget
- Internal progression opportunities
- ESOP offering & remuneration package
- Monthly social events
- Volunteer day
- Team lunches
- Social sporting teams i.e. hiking, soccer, frisbee and table tennis.
What are you waiting for? If this role excites you, please apply!