Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ that delivers ultra-high performance at high resolution, even at incredibly far distances. Today, Baraja LiDAR is already deployed in multiple verticals, working with global automotive and industrial partners.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia, we also have offices in the US, China, and Europe. We are funded by Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Ventures and we are excited to continue growing the team.
Join our talented engineering team to design, develop, test and maintain software tools and test systems. Bring your experience, flexibility and ability to think “outside the box”, to come up with innovative solutions to unusual problems. Working closely with our firmware and algorithms teams, you will help develop and maintain novel internal and external tools in the burgeoning LiDAR space.
Example projects include our point cloud visualisation software, DSP chain simulators, and embedded firmware build acceleration tools. There is a lot of freedom for you to use your initiative to identify engineering roadblocks and unblock them through the power of code. So if you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic role in a start-up we are keen to hear from you!
Inside the Job
- Develop new data processing and visualisation tools to accelerate internal development.
- Develop new features for existing software tools, including test automation, simulation, data conversion and visualisation tools.
- Develop and maintain Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines and tooling for both embedded and application development, including Jenkins and Azure DevOps pipelines.
- Work together with other product development teams to determine where automation and custom software tool/package development can accelerate their workflows.
- Work with systems, production, quality management, and customer support teams to resolve technical issues related to tools.
- Present design alternatives and experimental results to the product development team for review, and review other team member’s designs.
- Bachelor’s or higher in Computer Science, Software/Electrical/Electronic engineering or equivalent
- Proven industry experience developing GUI applications in Windows and/or Linux
- Experience creating data visualisations
- Experience in C++ development
- Experience developing Python scripts, modules, and packages.
- Experience with build/test automation including CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, Azure DevOps)
- Experience using GIT or another version control tool
- Great communication skills, oral and written
- Enthusiasm and motivation to take ownership of a project
- Robot Operating System (ROS) experience
- Familiarity with point cloud data and algorithms
- Experience creating and configuring virtual machines and/or Docker containers
- Experience with application development in Unity / C#
- Experience with developing3D Graphics applications
Be part of a high-performance team
We work toward our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but definitely not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - Passion to achieve. Resilience & learning. What's the next challenge?
Build the machine that builds the machine - It’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
Develop sustained high performance - Great teams make great things. They also respectfully challenge each other to reach the next milestone.
What we can offer you
- Healthy lunch provided
- Wellness Budget
- Learning & Development budget
- Internal progression opportunities
- ESOP offering & remuneration package
- Monthly social events
- Volunteer day
- Team lunches
- Social sporting teams i.e. hiking, soccer, frisbee and table tennis.
What are you waiting for? If this role excites you, we’re keen to have a chat!
Software Tools Engineer