Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Senior Manager, SMB Commercial Strategy at Afterpay, you’ll play a pivotal role in driving operational rhythms and strategic initiatives enabling the ANZ SMB team to deliver growth at a rapidly increasing scale. This new role will partner closely with the Senior Director, SMB APAC to ensure effective cross-team collaboration and operational rigour, driving cohesive direction towards a shared set of goals as we scale the SMB business and organisation.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
- Operate as the key commercial lead for the ANZ SMB business, driving the setup, tracking and achievement of direct and cross-functional team OKRs and KPIs, as well as leading the ANZ SMB teams engagement in global and regional planning cycles
- Work with our Finance and Analytics teams to track the performance of the SMB P&L across key dimensions; prepare and run a regular monthly ANZ SMB operating review
- Lead cross-functional initiatives to drive growth and operational optimisation across the broader SMB organisation, including the SMB Instore program
- Represent ANZ SMB in product, go-to-market and change initiatives, including E2E Merchant Experience, Express Checkout and the NPS program
- Support the wider SMB team with competitor insights, ad-hoc reporting, and thought leadership and insights developed through your work across the wider Afterpay business
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- You have passionate advocacy for small businesses, with an understanding of their unique challenges
- You have experience in strategy consulting, marketing, program or product management, or you’ve managed operational driven processes at a large scale
- You’re biased toward action and have the ability to thrive in ambiguous and fast-paced environments
- You have a data-driven decision-making mentality, sound business judgment, and the ability to back your recommendations up with meaningful analytical thinking
- You have strong problem solving, project management and communication skills, with the ability to combine strategic thinking with execution
- Omnichannel retail, payments and/or platforms experience is a plus
- You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace.
We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave. We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.