Practice Ignition is scaling. We are looking for engineers to be part of our journey. We just received series B funding, have expanded into EMEA, and AMER and we need you to help us continue that growth. Be part of our story, and help us change the way Accountants and Bookkeepers do business with their clients. www.practiceignition.com/team
You will be responsible for designing a well-built, well-tested, secure, reliable and solid backend and help us make the big decisions on how we scale this product from where it is now, to where we want it to be.
Day in the life?
- Build robust and scalable software in Ruby and Rails
- Design and create services and system architecture for your projects, and contribute and provide feedback to other team members
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms, and products
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
- Provide a holistic approach to backend design
- Mentor and guide junior engineers
- You will be an excellent communicator
- You will be a continuous learner
- Use critical, lateral and creative thinking to solve problems
- You will be comfortable being uncomfortable, constantly having to learn and adapt to changes
- You will be self managing and able to communicate with distributed teams
- You will have excellent time management skills
- You will need to be able to work well in a distributed team environment
Tech Stack we use?
- Ruby, Rails
- PostgreSQL, Heroku
- Continuous Delivery
- Bachelor's degree or other relevant education in Computer Science
- 3+ years experience in backend development
- Familiarity using Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that’s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives. Experience with DDD desireable
- Recent hands on experience working in the Ruby language
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails
- Experience working with GraphQL and the graphql-ruby gem desirable
As the team grows so will your responsibilities. We encourage continuous development, we encourage collaborative and flexible work environments and we encourage you to show us how to be better.