Quantum Brilliance is the world leader in room-temperature quantum computing using synthetic diamonds. Our unique vision is to make quantum computing available as an everyday technology, from data centres to remote and mobile systems like autonomous robots and satellites. Our HQs are in Canberra and Stuttgart in Germany, with additional locations across Australia and southern Germany. We are working with global technology leaders to develop quantum computing applications, integrate quantum with high-performance computing, solve materials science challenges and develop ultra-precise semiconductor manufacturing and control techniques. We are backed by leading venture-capital funds and major research and technology institutes.
About the role:
The role of EA / Ops Assistant to the CEO is one of the most important roles in the organisation. You will help shape the exact nature of the role, which at its core is about supporting and multiplying the effectiveness of the CEO in realising our ambitious goals. You will be a self-starting team player with good attention to detail, have great time management skills, exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills as you will be engaging with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Work directly with the CEO and interface with people across the entire scope of the company. We currently have labs in 6 locations across Australia and Germany and are collaborating with leading research institutions and quantum technology companies in various global regions. Gathering information and preparing internal briefs for the CEO will be a critical component of this role.
- Support the CEO with tasks that require broad operational and situational awareness to enable efficient collaboration with the management team such as scheduling, shadowing in meetings, writing minutes, ensuring the recording of action items and establishing cadence on follow-ups/actions.
- Day to day Email & Calendar Management of the CEO, representing the CEO where possible on communications.
- Assist in preparing meetings and events with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support Tender and Grant preparation processes.
- Catch new projects and identify an appropriate owner, ensuring that tasks are handed off to the right function in the organisation, or driving yourself as a special (i.e. once-off) project.
- Help build and manage relationships with key external stakeholders, such as customers, investors, commercial partners and potential hires.
- Be visible and present within Quantum Brilliance, helping to connect the layers of the organisation with the CEO office.
To be successful in the role you will need:
- Previous experience as an Executive / Personal /Team Assistant type role
- Experience in email/calendar/travel management activities of Senior / Executive type staff.
- The ability to work well under pressure, manage multiple tasks and be accountable for your work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with both internal staff and external stakeholders.
- A self-starter where undertaking ad hoc project tasks is something that you thrive on.
- An adaptable, flexible and positive mindset to deal with the changing landscape of a startup/scaleup type environment.
- Computer skills using programs such as MS Office Suite (Outlook, Teams, Powerpoint etc and willingness to learn other technology programs as appropriate.)
Future Role Scope:
- As the Quantum Brilliance business grows and evolves, you would have the scope to shape the exact nature of the role which may include progressing into a Chief of Staff or Projects Leader type role.
- If you have a Growth mindset that enjoys the pace of a startup/scaleup environment with constantly evolving challenges, then you will have scope to critically analyse and respond to information at the executive layer, you will have the scope to take on project leadership activities and independently define and solve problems that arise within our business.
- With a high EQ and strong interpersonal skills, you could help drive alignment across leadership and the teams inside the company, and to help build commercial relationships with external partners and future clients.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and are aware that some individuals tend to only apply for jobs when they meet 100% of the criteria. If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit!