At THE ICONIC our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and our people. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation, and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life. We are a group of people believing in making a positive difference in this world and liberating our customers through the power of fashion and sports.
Our People & Culture (P&C) team are passionate about building a culture of learning where everyone is inspired and motivated to do their best work. We have a great opportunity for a Health, Safety & Wellbeing Manager to work side by side with the P&C Leaders. In leading this function, this role will be responsible for developing and managing best practice health & safety, wellness and injury management systems and strategies for our people. We are looking for a leader who understands how health, safety and wellness integrates into our culture and leads from the front.
- Leadership of a small team of H&S professionals, someone who is prepared to roll up their sleeves and shape the function across our 3 hubs in an operational and corporate environment
- Embrace our health and safety platform and ensure utilisation of the systems for capturing hazards, incidents, injuries and providing quality data, analytics and insights
- Presenting regularly in leadership forums HS&W insights into performance, significant incidents, Lead and Lag indicators, and projects in HS&W strategy
- Ensure Safety Management System audits are conducted, corrective action plans are executed and you are all over what’s required from a legislative perspective
- Develop and manage our wellbeing program and EAP
- Oversee management of Workers Compensation Claims and injury management/return to work, liaising with Insurers and implement strategies to manage claims
- Participate in our global group health, safety and wellbeing community, sharing practices and lifting the bar on our safety culture as a group. Contributing to our Responsible Workplace commitments as per the People & Planet Positive Report
- Demonstrated experience working in a business partnering model with an ability to build strong stakeholder relationships using your influencing skills and pragmatic mindset
- A continuous improvement mindset, think outside the box and approach things with passion and a proactive approach. You’ll have effective problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify trends and develop solutions at pace.
- Keep abreast of best practice or innovative practices to push the boundaries and deliver an amazing safety culture and experience for our people
- Proven leadership experience in a similar role leading a small team of health and safety professionals is essential
- Experience in a business that has both a corporate and operational environment is a must
- Qualification in Occupational Health and Safety Management
- Significant understanding of all safety and related legislation
- The ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Ability to measure and evaluate ROI, leveraging your data driven mindset
Life at THE ICONIC...
Our culture of learning is an environment that supports and encourages the collective discovery, sharing and application of knowledge. This helps us to continually improve, achieve goals and attain new possibilities every day. From our ways of working and collaboration to our growth mindset and sustainable approach, we each add unique value and have an incredible amount of fun doing it! To read more about our purpose, mission and principles, please visit our Careers page: https://www.theiconic.com.au/playbook/careers
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: [email protected]