Permanent, Full Time
Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars, through the invention of a new type of LiDAR, called Spectrum-Scan which delivers the highest performance available in the smallest possible device on the market.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia we are growing our Manufacturing team. We are already in production and use case, working with some of the leading automotive manufacturers globally. Last year we closed a $42M A round with Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Venture Partners.
About the role
We are looking for a Manufacturing Operator to join Baraja. Our Manufacturing Operators support the build of our LiDAR system across all activities from receiving and inspecting components, assembling products and testing completed systems.
We have broken down the key responsibilities of the role into three areas:
Good Inwards Inspection (30%)
- Prepare and clean parts to be inspected
- Setting up and operate inspection equipment
- Test optical components on the test rigs
- Test electronics components of the test rigs
- Measure mechanical components according to drawings
- Visual inspections of consumables
- Auditing and quality control of components
Production of Products (40%)
- Picking of manufacturing orders according to pick list
- Assembling of products strictly following the work instructions
- Testing of products strictly following work instructions
- Support prototype builds
- Release of quality alerts
System Final Test (30%)
- Assemble and calibrate LiDAR systems
- Commence LiDAR Final Test strictly following the work instructions
- Submit Test results and create final test reports
- Support NPI with GR+R
- Support R+D with testing of the prototypes created
- Create the LiDAR final test reports
- Previous experience manufacturing and assembly work, preferably in optical or electronic
- Passionate about quality control
- Experience in soldering of electronic components
- Experience in handling optical components
- Good motor skills and the ability to accurately assemble components
- Ability to adhere to work instructions
- Be able to demonstrate good hygiene awareness and have a strong safety ethic and awareness
- Must be able to work permanently with no restrictions on hours (e.g. – Citizen, permanent resident)
Benefits of the role
- Immediate start
- Monday to Friday work, hours from 7:30am – 15:30pm
- Fortnightly pay cycles
- All training provided
- An extremely clean and tidy environment to work in
- Full-time, permanent hours
- Competitive hourly rate
- Possibility of additional working hours between the times of 5:00-22:00.
Be part of a high-performance team
We work toward our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but definitely not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
- Hustleto deliver on hard and meaningful problems - what we’re doing is really ambitious and difficult, so we’ll need plenty of hustle to get it done.
- Develop sustained high performance - we’re figuring out what high performance looks like for the people on our team so we can support them and each other to perform at our best sustainably.
- Build the machine that builds the machine - it’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
What are you waiting for? If this role excites you, we’re keen to have a chat!
North Ryde, Sydney