We will only consider applications through email which include the content requested below.
Are you a first-rate growth hacker and marketer with a passion for pets? Have your PPC campaigns earned the kind of results that you would be happy to frame? Are you at your best in a cross-functional environment, where “agile” defines each day? If you answered an emphatic “yes” to all three, then we have the role for you.
Mad Paws is searching for a Growth Marketing Manager to scale our performance channels and drive customer acquisition. The right candidate will report directly to the Head of Marketing, and liaise with various teams to meet acquisition targets. As this is a newly created position, the right candidate will have the track record needed to define this role.
Today, Pet Ownership is one of the fastest-growing markets in Australia. We are here to make Pet Ownership easier for all Australians, and we want you to join our journey.
- Position: Growth Marketing Manager
- Reports to: Head of Marketing
- Define & execute performance/PPC campaigns across social media & display channels
- Shape customer acquisition & retention strategies
- Grow our active users from paid channels and up-sell/cross-sell them across all Mad Paws business models
- Own data analysis, hypothesis outcomes, optimisation strategies, & roadmap projects for paid social media & customer acquisition channels
- Own & develop a testing framework for customer acquisition channels
- Create & communicate weekly reports on customer acquisition channel performance
- Work with Design, Product, & Technology teams to cross-functionally achieve company objectives
- Ongoing involvement with other Marketing & Growth activities
- A proven track record in performance marketing & growth hacking
- “Resourcefulness” may not be your legal middle name, but it might as well be. When a challenge presents itself, you always find a way to overcome it. When deadlines loom, you don’t run and hide. You crack your knuckles and say: “bring it.”
- You relish the pace of an agile, ever-changing environment, and thrive in both autonomous and cross-functional situations
- Hands-on experience in digital marketing with demonstrated achievements in Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Youtube/Trueview campaigns
- A thorough grasp of ad formats, segmentation, lookalike audiences, tracking, multi-touch attribution, and growing trends in paid media
- Top-notch data analysis skills. You’re at home in GA and other analytics tools, and you know how to question the data
- An ability to translate data into relevant insights. When you share the data with the rest of the Team, you don’t only provide the numbers – you share conclusions that everyone will understand
- Fluency in all digital marketing metrics including but not limited to CPC, CPL, CAC, CPM, LTV, ROAS, ROI, I2C, etc
- A minimum of 5+ years experience managing customer acquisition & paid social media campaigns. Experience in a startup environment is preferred, but not essential
- If you’re the kind of person who likes seeing something scale quickly from customer #1 and witness in person the impact of your work, then you need to get on board
- You love learning from the people around you and love sharing your expertise as well
- You enjoy working with a passionate and self-driven team of high-performing individuals who respectfully challenge themselves and each other to deliver the best experience to our customers
- Learning & mentorship support from the world-class Mad Paws leadership team
Mad Paws is Australia’s largest online pet care marketplace. At the core of our business, we connect Pet Owners with over 20,000 trusted, local, and vetted Pet Sitters. Having launched in 2015 as an online Pet Sitting platform, we have since expanded to offer Dog Walking, Pet Grooming, Dog Training, and Pet Day Care.
In 2020, we launched a series of new pet-related businesses. These include Mad Paws Pet Insurance; and Mad Paws Dinner Bowl, a range of premium dog meals. Moving into the future, we’re excited to launch new products to make Pet Ownership easier for all Australians. We are also venture-backed and an official partner of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
The Mad Paws Pack comprises a talented and passionate team working to create the largest pet community in Australia. We are a super switched on pack and we work smart to make sure we never take ourselves too seriously and enjoy every minute of this exciting adventure.
At Mad Paws, our team knows what success is like and we’re here to scale it by leveraging our outstanding cultural mix and different professional backgrounds. Namely, our founders are well versed entrepreneurs who also built other startups and exited successfully. They have large networks in the technology and marketing spaces, deep experience in raising rounds of capital and scaling businesses. On the other hand, our leadership and extended team represents 10+ different nationalities and come from companies such as Atlassian, The Iconic, Gumtree, Marley Spoon, Delivery Hero, PwC and Deloitte.
- Our office is in Pyrmont, Sydney, within the WOTSO co-working space.
- Walking distance to… Town Hall (15m), Chinatown (10m) and Sydney Fish Market (5m).
- Perks include:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours and days in the office
- Free coffee, cookies, and awesome chill-out areas (in the building);
- A passionate and hard-working team.
- Of course, dogs in the office!
E-mail our Head of Marketing (strictly no recruiters please) on [email protected] with “Growth Marketing Manager – Your Name” as the subject. Then include the following elements:
- Curriculum Vitae (attached).
- In the email body, include the response to the following questions:
- How do you address the skills and requirements for the role?
- What is your expected salary package and how flexible is it?
- What’s your notice period?
- Are you ok to travel regularly to our office and adjust frequency based on ongoing COVID restriction updates?
- Are you fully entitled to work in Australia?
- Link to your linkedin profile or other relevant links.
We will only consider applications through email which include the content requested above.