Freelancer Limited, the company behind Freelancer.com - the world's largest crowd-sourcing marketplace, and Escrow.com - the world’s largest online Escrow provider, is looking for experienced Security Engineers to join our team.
To protect millions of users from those that wish them harm.
Freelancer faces newly emerging and constantly evolving threats. As a member of the security team, you play a critical role in detecting and blocking such threats. Our team has the opportunity to work across all areas of security, from enterprise security, to application and infrastructure security, all the way to protecting our marketplaces and platforms from worldwide scams. We also are in the unique position to work across 5 different large scale websites that have their own unique threat models. It is never a dull day in security!
What You’ll Do
- Develop and deploy solutions to internal and external information security challenges.
- Provide subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication and system security.
- Oversee the implementation, automation, monitoring, and improvement of security controls throughout the organisation.
- Maintain and improve our information security program initiatives.
- Perform security assessments of physical security to complex web applications.
- Proactively find and fix security risks.
- Engage with a wide range of employees and users in challenging situations.
- Maintain awareness of both the external and internal security landscape.
- Security is your passion. You are constantly keeping up to date with new technologies, best practices, security risks, and threat actors.
- Your primary background is in application and infrastructure security with experience in threat modelling, security design reviews, and security architecture.
- You are experienced with an interpreted programming language (PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
- You have advanced knowledge of internet networking and services such as DNS and SMTP
- You are used to working in a cloud environment (AWS, GCP, etc), provisioning and configuration tools a plus (puppet, terraform, ansible, etc).
- You are a big fan of open source software, continuous learning, and sharing information.
- You are a strong communicator and are able to work with infrastructure, engineering and product teams.
- You are results driven and understand taking a risk based approach to security.
This won’t be a cog-in-the-machine type of job; you will be joining a rapidly growing global technology company that values attitude and capability over experience, so if you are looking to make a difference and be rewarded for your efforts, this is the place for you.
We are striving to build one of the biggest sites on the Internet, so help us scale for 100+ million users, while enjoying all the perks of working in tech - fun atmosphere, smart people, awesome office, fully-stocked kitchens, social events, hackathons, your choice of platform, and more!