The Insights Analyst will play a key role in the global consumer research and insights team. This role is similar to that of a data journalist, combining data analysis with writing to drive on-site and media-facing content in Australia and New Zealand. If you like the idea of working on datasets and finding stories which end up in the news the next day, this role is for you.
- Independent research and data analytics of public and internal datasets.
- Writing Insights Columns for Finder - topical articles looking at issues that affect the Australian consumer.
- Management of Finder’s Reserve Bank of Australia Cash Rate survey of economists, and other surveys.
- Running analytics for Finder’s various awards programs.
- Producing regular reports and maintaining reporting docs and analytical spreadsheets.
- Various other ad-hoc analytics, writing, site-building and administrative tasks as required.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- A solid background in data analysis and data storytelling.
- Professional writing experience, with some examples of work.
- A keen interest in the Australian and international news cycle.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, journalism, research or other relevant field.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel and other analytics programs.
- As this is a very fast-paced role, we are looking for a candidate who thrives under pressure and can produce error-free work to a deadline.
- Great communication skills are essential and, above all, the candidate should be excited about data and producing high quality data-led stories to take Finder to the next level.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of the Australian housing market, share market or cryptocurrency market.
- Report writing experience.
- WordPress or page building experience.
- DataWrapper, Infogram or similar chart building experience.
- Blog writing experience.
- Experience using some of the following would be beneficial: Qualtrics, Google Analytics/Surveys/Sheets, VBA for Microsoft Excel, Datawrapper.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you've been looking for, select the 'Apply Now' button below to submit your cover letter and resume. Use your cover letter to introduce us to you; we want to know who you are, what you've worked on and why you think you'd be a great addition to the Finder team.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Email [email protected] with any questions or feedback.