If you get excited about building and leading high-performing teams, helping stakeholders in the biggest industry transform the way they work, and collaborating with seriously talented and passionate people, then this is something for you! 🚀
A bit about us:
We at Matrak believe in making construction better through evolving technology and challenging the status quo of the industry. Matrak offers a cloud-based materials and progress tracking platform that creates a collaborative network of stakeholders to ensure efficiency, accountability, and clarity across the supply chain of each construction project. As a well-funded, high-growth startup, we are working with many of the largest players locally and internationally and have become an essential tool for subcontractors and contractors alike.
To continue to secure our place in the market and offer an exceptional experience to our customers, we are looking for a motivated and experienced Engineering Lead to build a strong team behind an industry-ready product and lead the next evolution of tech at Matrak.
A bit about the role:
Our Engineering Lead is ultimately responsible for building, and coaching a high-performing Engineering team, with a focus on customer engagement, quality, and delivery. In this role, you will serve as a strong advocate for ngineering principles at the senior leadership level and take full ownership of the success of the technological advancements of our product.
Day to day you will:
- Define, implement, iterate and support the adoption of quality assurance and coding practices (eg. coding standards, testing practices, review processes, and continuous improvement).
- Ensure the Engineering Team engages actively with customers to deeply understand their pain points and represent customer needs and requirements from the technical perspective.
- Work closely with our Product Manager, Product Designer, and other stakeholders in an Agile environment to provide guidance throughout the development process.
- Serve as a strong advocate for Engineering principles at the senior leadership level.
- Facilitate technical discussion meetings, review and approve technical documentation.
- Lead by example and write great quality code where necessary.
A bit about you:
You are a highly self-motivated and people-focused Engineering Lead who knows how to get the best out of a team. You will also understand how to gain information about the customer needs and put in place processes to deliver a top-quality, industry-leading product.
You will ideally have:
- 3+ years in a tech leadership role recruiting, mentoring and developing a team
- Startup mindset and readiness to build process and nurture a strong team culture
- Higher education in Computer Science or similar experience
- Strong end-to-end development experience with React/Redux, Node, ES6, HTML5, CSS, MySQL, JQuery
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Nice to have: React Native, GraphQL, Storybook, AWS services
Most importantly, we expect everyone at Matrak to have (and use!):
🧠 Common sense
💡 Intellectual honesty - this looks like:
- Looking at challenges as opportunities
- Being willing to acknowledge and question your own assumptions and biases
- Experimenting, learning, and iterating
- Seeing more value in learning than in being right
⚡️ Passion - whether you're passionate about an aspect of your work, or can talk for hours about why a hotdog is a burger and not a sandwich, this one's a non-negotiable
What’s in it for you:
We're passionate about creating an environment where everyone can bring their whole self to work and nurture a kind and collaborative culture every day. Our core values guide our daily work and decisions so if you are able to build Connections, take Ownership, have Growth in mind, be Transparent and Bold, you'll fit right in.
We are a startup so you can add your own flavour to your role, learn from others and share your skills and experiences with your colleagues in a collaborative environment. Everyone plays an important role in making Matrak a success and for that, we offer a little part of the company to every employee via share options. Also, because our people matter most to us, we take providing growth and development opportunities seriously and make sure we ask the right questions at the right time. Our hiring decisions are based on the principles of merit and fairness, not your background, identity, gender, or any other factor that isn’t related to your ability to do the job. In terms of leave and other benefits, we offer Birthday, Cultural + Ceremonial Leave, public holiday substitution, paid parental leave, and a bunch of other 'perks' like pets being included as family members (because they are) for sick and compassionate leave.
⭐️ Please note: applications via our careers page are preferred. Also, we will start shortlisting and interviewing in the new year so don't worry if you don't hear back from us over the holidays.⭐️