Galileo Ventures is a venture capital fund based in Sydney and Melbourne. We’re on a mission to partner with top emerging founders building the world’s most impactful startups.
We are looking for someone to help with operations supporting our portfolio companies, and build the community aspect of the fund.
This is our first non-partner role we are hiring, and has the opportunity to help shape Galileo into the leading pre-seed/seed fund in the region. You can see more about us on our website.
What makes us different is:
- We invest in first-time entrepreneurs at a stage most institutional venture capital funds won't
- We write $200k+ cheques to give our teams a proper chance to succeed
- We support our companies through a unique growth accelerator program backed up by our global program coaches and industry guests
- We have no gatekeepers and we confidently lead investment rounds
- We use and create technology to help us scale and provide a better experience for founders
- We're the youngest fund, with young LGBT-identifying partners and a strong diversity focus
This role is very much for an all-rounder, who will work across our accelerator program, fund operations, and wider Galileo (and startup) community. You will have an unrivalled chance to meet and learn from successful founders, tech executives and leading investors from around the world in the role.
As a fund committed to diversity in all forms, we highly encourage applicants from any background. If you’re new to working in the technology sector or venture capital – we want to hear from you!
Our preference is for the candidate to be in Melbourne or Sydney, but generally speaking we are a remote-first venture capital fund (and this role will be remote/flexible), so we’re open to applicants from anywhere in Australia.
Your responsibilities will be pretty broad and will include:
- Managing events and calendars for accelerator program activities, industry or investor events, public sessions and demo days.
- Nurturing and growing our community of founders, entrepreneurs, partners and general startup community members who follow our progress
- Supporting portfolio companies during our accelerator program, connecting them with the right experts at the right times
- Marketing support coordinating marketing material like blog posts (internal and from invited experts), email newsletters, and social media channels
- Helping to document and optimise our internal fund processes to make it easy for startups to interact with us
Some types of attributes we would like to see in applicants:
- Ambition to have an impact on the future of Galileo itself, our current portfolio companies, future founders and the startup ecosystem
- A love of technology in all its forms (no-code, low-code, full-code, …)
- Organised and process-driven – you love creating systematic ways of doing things
- Community experience, whether online or offline communities
- Operations, marketing and/or communications/PR experience is a plus
Note that this role will assist with the investment process, but it is not an investing role. Your priority will be to support our portfolio and build our community.
$70k + 9.5% superannuation
If you have further questions please email us at [email protected]