Signal Processing Electronics Engineer (Technology Development)
Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ that delivers ultra-high performance at high resolution, even at incredibly far distances. Today, Baraja LiDAR is already deployed in multiple verticals, working with global automotive and industrial partners.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia, we also have offices in San Francisco, China and Europe. We are funded by Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Ventures and we are excited to continue growing the team, so if you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic role in a start-up we are keen to hear from you!
We are looking for a Signal Processing Electronics Engineer to join our growing Technology Development team, inventing and designing technology to be in next-generation LiDAR. Reporting to the Platform Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for electronic engineering of LiDAR products from design, testing, debugging and improvements, and designing, implementing, and deploying advanced signal processing algorithms for the next-gen automotive LiDAR. The role is split into design, verification, and testing (80%), and technical design reviews (20%).
- Full Australian working rights.
- Experience in design and verification of high-sensitivity analog and digital electronic circuits.
- Experience with mixed signal hardware systems, integration & debugging.
- 2+ years’ experience in algorithm development or signal processing.
- Solid understanding of topics like linear algebra, statistics, machine learning, or adaptive filters.
- Hands-on experience related to digital signal processors and/or algorithm design in one or more areas related to radar, lidar, depth cameras, audio or other signal processing related fields.
- Experience with Vivado, Xilinx IPs and Xilinx IP integrator
- Experience with hardware bring-up, debug and measurements.
- Experience in working with digital signal processors, microcontrollers and FPGAs.
- Experience using GIT or similar version control usage.
Inside the Job
- Characterize and debug high-sensitivity analog circuitry including amplifier chains, filtering, and photodiode bias circuits.
- Characterize and debug digital signal processing hardware.
- Develop Proof-of-Concept software builds to test and evaluate performance of new algorithms.
- Design, verify and test signal processing algorithms to satisfy requirements for the next-generation LIDAR development.
- Perform simulations to support investigation of proposed DSP algorithms.
- Brainstorm innovative hardware circuits and test jigs to evaluate DSP algorithms.
- Design, develop and deliver hardware prototypes and software platforms for next-generation LiDAR systems.
- Develop automated scripts (Python) for simulation and test equipment and processes.
- Design and recommend improvements to all digital signal processes and recommend improvements or alternatives to improve system performance.
- B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, or similar discipline.
- Previous start-up experience in the same or similar role.
- Experience in automotive, sensors, or calibration, especially LiDAR.
Be part of a high-performance team
We work toward our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but definitely not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
- Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - Passion to achieve. Resilience & learning. What's the next challenge?
- Develop sustained high performance - Great teams make great things. They also respectfully challenge each other to reach the next milestone.
- Build the machine that builds the machine - It’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
What are you waiting for? If this role excites you, we’re keen to have a chat!