About the company
:DIfferent is an emerging player disrupting the property management market by taking a technology & operations balanced approach to property management.
Our mission is to take care of homes and the people in them. We’re starting with rebuilding property management by taking care of investment property homes for Australian owners and tenants.
:Different has two co-founders with many years of experience in Silicon Valley - Mina was the global Head of Product at Uber and Ruwin a Director at Softbank. Our entire leadership team has deep experience and networks in the technology space, hailing from companies such as Bain, Expedia, Google, Siteminder, SyscoLabs and more.
We’ve grown rapidly, operate in three Australian capital cities, and have plans to expand further around Australia and into other global markets.
We are on the lookout for a talented Supplier Manager to develop our supplier management capability - someone that thrives in a tech scale-up environment, loves solving complex business problems, and is great at driving change and getting things done.
Supplier management is a critical component to the success of the company - we rely on our supplier network to deliver our service to our customers. Uber, Lyft, Deliveroo, Menulog, Zomato have their restaurants and delivery networks - we rely on our trade network - so we need someone that can build a best-in-class supplier capability.
The Supplier Manager is a critical component of the broader property maintenance function and is responsible for delivering the best service through any trade, at great value, and at the quickest response times - across Australia. You will implement the supplier management strategy, and continuously improve our quality of service to our customers.
- Create a world-class experience for our suppliers and customers across Australia
- Develop a supplier management framework and processes that span:
- Supplier sourcing and onboarding
- Supplier performance-, compliance-, and retention- management
- Supplier relationship management
- Work closely with the product and technology team to drive automation, constantly increase supplier responsiveness and performance, and improve the general supplier experience
- Establish yourself as a valuable cross-functional thought partner to help drive business growth and opportunities across the company
- Represent :Different’s brand, mission, and culture both inside and outside of the organisation
- Previous supplier management experience is desirable
- Positive, proactive, and excited by working in a fast-paced scale-up/scale-up environment.
- Action-orientated and ready to solve problems in innovative ways - you resist "this is how it's always been done" thinking.
- Deep customer empathy and a willingness to get your hands dirty to understand where processes break.
- Entrepreneurialism – you crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company.
- Strong problem solver - you surface problems, identify root causes, fix them and keep them from coming back.
- Heavily outcomes focused - metrics-driven and demonstrate “dogged” determination to hit goals.
- Effective communicator - has great interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly gain the trust and respect of others and to get their buy-in / sign-off
- Logical, structured and highly data-driven - is able to use logic and data to prioritise and drive change (bonus points for SQL)
- Project management and prioritisation – can manage multiple projects, determining which will have the largest business impact for least input
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Long-term career opportunities - as an early employee, there’s lots of opportunity to grow professionally
- A generous salary, bonus and equity package
- Flexible working hours from our casual offices
:Different is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.