We have a remote-first culture and this position can be based anywhere from Australia or New Zealand. This role can be fully remote or a hybrid if you are in Melbourne. We encourage you to work in the way that best suits you.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 4,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, Unilever, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp everyday.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Culture Amp is a rapidly growing company empowering our customers to build Culture First companies. Our market-leading, category-defining Engagement product has been the engine of our success. Our Engagement product empowers organisations to make better decisions and drive meaningful change by helping organisations better understand their people.
We are excited to be growing the team that owns this product and have an opportunity for a Tech Lead to join this cross-functional team.
As a Technical Lead you'll lead the engineers building parts of our web UI, back end API, and AWS infrastructure for all of the features the team owns. You don’t have to be an expert in all those things, but you will need to lead engineers who are. You’ll also have a chance to work with a delivery lead, designer and product manager on most projects.
As part of this team of amazing humans...
You will (the role)
- Actively coach, mentor and grow engineers in your team and across the Engagement group in collaboration, analytical and technical skills,
- Be a leader in the team to help achieve the continuous delivery of quality software with a focus on fast feedback and automation,
- Work with the team to use suitable best practices in delivery and development, such as Lean, Agile, Automated testing, DevOps, XP and cloud based hosting.
- Help our team deliver new features and initiatives to improve our product, systems and codebases, and
- Share knowledge from your team across the organisation – blog posts, brown bags, whatever works for you.
You are (human skills)
- A mentor or coach, and have helped grow the careers of engineers in a team,
- A clear and considerate communicator, able to clearly articulate technical outcomes and the need for them, express robust opinions, and appreciate other points of view,
- A productive contributor to your team’s agile delivery process (e.g. breaking a scope of work into individual stories for implementation),
- Able to navigate the tension between long term and short term planning.
You will help us (technical skills)
- Implement a technical vision for the evolution of a large codebase to suit the next wave of product development
- Lead the solving complex problems by defining problems clearly, designing a suitable solution and then bringing others along the delivery journey.
- Leverage your technical experience in web application development to share knowledge with the team.
- Collaborate with product, design and delivery to achieve business goals and customer focused outcomes
Please keep reading...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
What we offer
Culture Amp really practices what we preach. We are extremely proud of the Culture we have built, but don't just take our word for it, our Glassdoor reviews speak for themselves!
We want every Camper to feel at home and do their best work at Culture Amp, so we have 4 values that we live by, take a read, and if this sounds like the environment for you, please apply!
We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and we believe in leading through example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can support our customers in making a better world of work. You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism on our website.
But that’s not all!
- Flexible working hours - in this crazy time, make your work schedule work for you
- MacBooks for all!
- Share options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success.
- Fun and inclusive digital, and (in the future) in-person events