Born in 2011, THE ICONIC disrupted the entire Australian retail industry by pioneering the concept of ‘online fashion’. Now, we’re ANZ’s leading online fashion and lifestyle retailer - a fashion technology company with over 2.2 million active customers who shop with us each and every day. But we’re not just about selling products. Our community loves us because we’re anchored by our values. We Dream Big, we’re Customer Obsessed, we have Style in All We Do, we know that People Our Our Greatest Asset, and we’re always Stronger Together.
Our dynamic Communications team are the creative and strategic minds behind THE ICONIC’s PR, Influencer, Social and Internal Communications. We are a passionate, curious and creative team and we are all about building community and fostering meaningful engagement with our customers, our ICONITES and our partners.
Reporting to the Influencer & Social Media Manager, our new Influencer & Social Specialist will play a pivotal role will be an integral part of our team to identify purposeful partnerships with creators and drive engagement on our social channels, and help drive traffic to THE ICONIC’s app and website through compelling and engaging content that is focussed on creating value for our community.
Your Day-to-Day Responsibilities
- Work closely with our Influencer & Social Manager to develop social media and influencer strategies that align to our master Communications strategy.
- Reporting to the Influencer & Social Manager to review, analyse and report on the performance of social content, using data and insights to make informed decisions and improvements. Share these insights with the marketing team to optimise future content strategies.
- Cross-functional collaboration with the Brand & Paid Media Team, alongside our Influencer & Social Manager and Head of Communications, to align organic and paid social media strategies. Work with the Paid team to identify the best organic content for paid support.
- Cross functional collaboration with the Creative Marketing Team and Customer Marketing Team to plan and schedule content across social and influencer in alignment with THE ICONIC’s Go-to-Market campaigns, brand campaigns, product launches, and events.
- Work with the broader Communications team for strategy alignment, content brainstorms and team collaboration.
- Stay up to date with social media trends, challenges and app features we can add to our strategies and content creation to support THE ICONIC’s engagement on our social channels.
- Create engaging and creative social content that aligns with our tone of voice, attitude, personality and brand behaviour in order to meet our objectives.
- Create and maintain a content calendar aligned with our social media strategy to ensure a consistent posting schedule to keep our social community engaged.
- Foster and maintain an active community of followers by responding to comments, messages, and engaging with our social media audience on Instagram.
- Ensure that all content adheres to social guidelines and best practices.
- Work closely with our Influencer agency on ‘Always On’ influencer / creator activity, as well as negotiate and manage direct influencer / creator relationships.
- End-to-end management of creator campaigns (both paid and contra) to negotiate and ensure agreed upon deliverables capture attention and drive engagement.
- Create content briefs and ensure that all content submitted adheres to social guidelines and best practices prior to posting.
- Continuously source and outreach new and upcoming creators that align with our tone of voice, attitude, personality and brand behaviour in order to meet our objectives.
- Draft influencer / creator contracts
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- You are a social media expert with 2-3 years experience in managing social media accounts
- 2-3 years experience managing and executing end-to-end influencer campaigns
- Understanding of the full marketing mix and the role social plays within own, earned, and paid strategies
- You have strong communication, creative and storytelling skills, with the ability to create content that drives value for our communities (it’s all about showing the why and how, not telling the what!)
- You’re a creative thinker with a keen eye for identifying social trends and opportunities.
- You have a collaborative attitude and a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- You’re known for your eye for detail, accountability and excellent organisational / multitasking skills.
- The ability to manage up (we’re here to make sure you succeed!) and an understanding of how to present social results to the wider business.
- You know how to be agile in your approach to work and can pivot easily, and create content on the go.
- You have an enthusiastic and curious attitude, and a genuine love of our brand.
- As a digital native, you approach everything app and mobile first.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Communications or a related field, or equivalent reputable experience as a lifestyle/brand focused creator
- Proficiency in social media and task management tools.
- Experience with Photoshop and/or Canva
- Understanding of Paid Social or a willingness to learn as we work closely with the Paid team
- A good understanding of the retail and fashion landscape (experience in the industry is preferred but not required)
Life at THE ICONIC
Here’s what to expect when you join THE ICONIC:
- Flexible working. We offer a hybrid and flexible working model so you can do your best work in a way that works for you
- The learning collective. Get your knowledge fix with our learning days, hackathons and access to LinkedIn Learning
- Parents at THE ICONIC. Access to our parental leave program and an extra day off for your kids' first day of school every year
- Birthday leave. Enjoy a paid day off for your birthday and an ICONIC voucher to treat yourself
- Curate your style. No matter what your style is, we have got you covered with our Amazing staff discount and our famous sample sales
- Wellbeing. Access to our discounted gym memberships and wellbeing programs
- People first. Access to our Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Volunteer days. Work as a Charity Partner with Thread Together for society and environmental change.
- Furry friend. We are a dog friendly office for anyone who wants to bring their fur baby to work.
- Refer a friend. Enjoy a $4,000 referral reward for successfully placing a referral
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: [email protected]