Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Group Finance Manager, you’ll be responsible for managing the group financial controller team and process to ensure accuracy of the monthly group results. Additionally you will be responsible for the half and full year end close processes.
In this role you will be accountable for the following areas - financial leadership, people leadership, systems, processes and policy leadership and stakeholder engagement.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
- Deliver best practice work papers, review and documentation and technical review of group balance sheet reconciliations
- Support the half year and full financial year end process leading staff and external audit team with on site procedures
- Lead finance process documentation and workflow improvements and assist with preparation of statutory and ASX reporting & compliance
- Lead business integration process for financial accounting for acquisitions as required
- Provide leadership and guidance to financial accounting teams around technical, commercial and operational issues as required
- Own and manage the Chart of Accounts (COA) and all transactional level processing
- Manage the Group accountant/s and review their workings for completeness and accuracy
- Support regions with their accounting questions, changes, journal corrections or headcount coverage
- Work with the Group and Regional Finance teams to identify and drive process improvement opportunities to create operational efficiencies
- Adopt and drive consistent group processes, policies and procedure improvements that support business growth and ensure key policies are defined, communicated and understood by Finance teams;
- Partner with key stakeholders on business projects and ensure finance input is provided
- Conduct internal training as required across group and regional finance teams
- Manage and lead the cash flows movements across regions to ensure accurate accounting and compliance with tax and legal agreements
- Work closely with the tax team in relation to management fee allocation globally
- Ensure compliance across group and regionals teams
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
To be successful for this role you will:
- Have experience in professional services (external audit) and/or in an ASX financial control team
- CA or CPA qualified
- Have exceptionally strong financial reporting and analytical skills
- Have prior experience working in multinational, fast paced and energetic environments
- Have previous leadership experience, where you were able to drive results in a positive and inspiring way whilst coaching and mentoring team members
- Be a very strong communicator and have an ability to communicate across all levels of the business, including remote international teams
- Strive to continually improve, including making changes to internal accounting processes and controls
- Have an ability to time manage and problem solve effectively in a high-pressure environment, with a track record of consistently meeting tight deadlines
- Focus on exceptional customer service ensuring all stakeholder needs are exceeded
You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement.
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.