Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Director of Retail Marketing, you’ll develop 360 marketing strategies that drive awareness, adoption and growth of Afterpay’s in-store product, ultimately impacting revenue and customer growth.
In this position, you will be responsible for leading the team that is tasked with delivering omnichannel trade marketing programs, as well as our product and brand experience in-store for ANZ. Sitting within the Partner Marketing function, this role will need to work closely with the local and global marketing, product, and sales teams to deliver on our goals for customer experience, merchant value proposition, brand, marketing effectiveness and innovation.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
- Develop the omnichannel growth strategy for ANZ with associated tactical plans
- Full accountability for year long, always on trade marketing program
- Ensure effective leverage and ROI from national centre partnerships
- Develop the omnichannel marketing playbook with marketing leading campaigns and tactics.
- Collaborate with colleagues within the Partner Marketing team to ensure omnichannel strategies are deployed with top merchant and brand partners
- Collaborate with In-store operations and commercial leads to ensure channel growth targets are met
- Champion customer experience excellence by working closely with brand, product and channel partners
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
Our future Director of Retail Marketing ideally has:
- 10+ years retail marketing experience
- Significant experience in high growth consumer facing or retail-centric environments
- A Highly collaborative with entrepreneurial mindset
- A go getter attitude with a sharp eye for commercial performance and brand best practices
- Excellent leadership skills, and experience managing mid-large sized teams
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- A strong understanding of marketing frameworks, strategy and integrated channels
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- A proactive personality who isn’t afraid to jump in to do the doing.
You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement.
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.