At Spaceship, we’re on a mission to enable people to invest in their future, so they can live the life they want to live. We started in 2017 with Spaceship Super, and in 2018 we launched Spaceship Voyager, which is making investing easy, for everyone.
Since launch, we have grown to more than 200,000 financial members and surpassed $1 billion in funds under management – but we’re just getting started.
What will you be doing?
Reporting to the Head of FP&A, this role will support the Finance team’s delivery of operational duties and its strategic objectives. The role will touch on all areas across the Finance function, being financial operations, capital management, financial control, financial reporting, and investor relations.
Specifically, you will:
- Further develop and maintain the daily and monthly cash flow reporting.
- Work with the CFO and CoSec to enhance our Investor Relations processes.
- Represent the team in cross collaborative projects across the business.
- Support the team to develop and maintain a strong governance and control environment, with continuous review and iteration of controls, policies and procedures.
- Support the month end close process, including preparing the management accounts and stakeholder reporting (CFO, Board & Investor) as well as other AP and financial accounting duties where required.
- Support the HY/YE audits and interactions with key external and internal stakeholders (auditors, tax agents, banks, etc.).
- Maintain the day-to-day maintenance of any changes in the ESOP pool allocations.
- Support the team’s development, enhancements and maintenance of its financial models.
- Support the team to develop and drive process efficiencies through the use of automation and technology enhancement, working in partnership with the team to deliver effective system integration, and more.
What are we looking for?
Spaceship is a financial technology company, and so we emphasise using technology to do things efficiently and effectively. As such, we are looking for a tech-savvy finance professional; someone who is equally proficient at the core fundamentals of finance and able to utilise these skills in an array of duties.
Moreover, we are interested in:
- Truly believe in our products and our mission.
- Have a strong understanding and hands on experience in multiple finance functions (financial control, FP&A, Treasury, Investor Relations, Finance Operations etc).
- Be curious and be confident in challenging the status quo.
- Be as comfortable working closely with support as working independently.
- Strong technical accounting and tax knowledge.
- Accounting degree or similar, and appropriate post grad qualification (CA, CPA).
- Highly organised and detail orientated, with an ability to clearly and succinctly present information to different stakeholders.
What are the perks and benefits?
- Competitive salary + equity options.
- Emphasis on a healthy work/life balance.
- Flexibility to work from home or the office.
Who are we?
We are ~50 people passionate about enabling people to invest in their future.
We value forward-thinking, accessibility, curiosity, transparency and simplicity in everything we do - from the way we collaborate to the products we create.
Spaceship has raised more than $50m to date from some of the world’s most renowned investors including Horizons Ventures, AirTree Ventures, Grok Ventures, Valar Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and New Enterprise Associates.