Moodle with us!
We're the world's most popular learning platform and we’re on a mission to empower educators to improve our world.
Find out about your new workplace...
Moodle builds and maintains an open source learning management system, with over 180,000 registered sites and 300 million users worldwide. We’re growing rapidly, with the recent introduction of exciting new products to help us become an even bigger contributor to the world of education technology.
We’ve built a passionate team of hard-working and driven people from all over the world, united by a shared belief in the ability of our platform to make a positive difference to our world. We respect our colleagues and value an open and innovative workplace, filled with integrity and of course a strong focus on education (yes, these are our company values!)
About this role
The MoodleCloud ecosystem runs about a third of the world’s registered Moodle sites, and is central to the growth strategy for the organisation over the coming years. The MoodleCloud product is nearing our fifth year of rapid adoption (+500% annual growth) and is uniquely placed to grow in both diversity of offering and market reach, creating opportunities for you to learn and grow at every turn.
Find out more about us on https://moodle.com/cloud
What your new job can look like…
With the pace of Moodle, no two days will ever be the same! But most days will involve a mix of:
- Leading solution architecture with technical specialists and product management
- Providing operational support for the production environment
- Contributing to project initiation and solution design
- Contributing to the implementation of change in all shapes and sizes
- Championing the continuous integration journey within our team
We'd love to meet you…
Especially if you can talk to us about your:
- Friendly, approachable and fun communication style that earns trust and credibility
- Enthusiasm for both team play and deep dives into solo work
- Pride in setting realistic targets that you can achieve under pressure
- Design and build experience with high scale web application infrastructure in AWS
- Design and build experience with multi-tenant, multi-region, high availability infrastructure in AWS
- Experience working in an organisation where software is the product
- Hands on experience leading CI/CD and Infrastructure as Code
Technologies you'll work with regularly...
- AWS (broadly and deeply)
- Configuration Management (Chef, Puppet)
- Configuration Orchestration (Cloudformation, Terraform)
- Source Control (Git)
- Databases (RDS, PostgreSQL)
- CI (Gitlab, Docker)
- Linux (Ubuntu)
What's in it for you?
We’ve already talked about the importance we place on achieving our mission to empower educators to improve our world, our passion for our values and some of the cool things we are doing as a company.
So what about this?!
- Work at a place that genuinely improves the world
- Work with people who actually believe in the organisation’s mission (weird huh?)
- Join a small team of damn funny and sociable people
- Come into the office or work remote, it’s fully flexible and your choice
- Work in the fastest growing team in one of the fastest growing sectors in the world
- Learn new stuff every single day, plus get your own learning and development budget
- We don’t believe in formal dress codes, bring your full self to work in your own style
- Plus, we’ll provide you with a competitive salary
Does all this sound good? If yes…
Click on the following link to apply
Add your resume and anything else you'd like to add… in English, please
Moodle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Moodle is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Moodle are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Moodle will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Moodle encourages applicants of all ages.