DevOps / Tooling Engineer
Meet Athena, the Home Loan Wrecker
We launched early 2019 to change home loans for good. Athena has quickly shown Australia what you can do with healthy ambition, a conscience and a kick-ass team. We are not a bunch of bankers, we’re financial freedom fighters who give a buck about our customer. We’re here to lighten the loan for Australian’s and reduce their mortgage life sentence. You in?
- You have experience automating and operating infrastructure on public cloud providers, preferably AWS
- You have hands-on experience with Configuration Management and Deployment tools like: Ansible, Serverless, Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation, AWS CDK, or other such tools
- You are an infrastructure savvy software engineer comfortable coding in at least two of the following languages: Python, Go, Node.js, Java, Bash
- You are proficient with git and git workflows
- You have an opinion on CI/CD and tooling to automate testing and deployment
- You can troubleshoot issues in production and help determining root causes
- You can collaborate with software developers and other IT staff members in order to understand the goals, derive/adapt requirements and implement solutions
- You are comfortable working in an Agile, fast-paced DevOps environment
- You are a problem-solver and embrace the can-do attitude
About the "Infrastructure, Engineering Productivity and Tooling" team:
- We plan, design, implement and maintain shared Infrastructure and engineering productivity tooling/services focused on: Testing, Deployment and Monitoring
- We leverage best-in-class technology for supporting the Athena's core value: Move at Speed
- We reduce or eliminate risky manual operations
- We pro-actively investigate and suggest improvements and automation of repetitive and/or manual work
- We are the guardians of Athena's secrets
- We arm squads with quality enforcing and enhancing tools. Internal customers who choose to adhere to simple and basic standards get A LOT for free
- Our products cover all the basics of operational readiness so our customers don't have to even think about it
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Flexible and casual working environment
- Ability to work from both home and office
- Loads of support and training
- Fantastic team culture with monthly events
You'll be joining an experienced team, passionate about being best in class in everything we do. We have a relaxed and fun atmosphere where you can bring your unique self and skills to help us all grow as a team. Be great, be you, play nice.
At Athena we are committed to a workplace that embraces diversity, equality, and inclusion. Athenians are free to let their own brand of freak fly.
Please be sure to add [email protected] to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.