About the role
Mr Yum's Head of Sales reports to the Head of Growth and is responsible for managing the sales function within the business for Australia and NZ. If you have experience in sales leadership in a fast-growth startup, we'd love to chat.
About Mr Yum - Recap of 2020
Hi, we’re Mr Yum 👋
Hospitality & entertainment are tough industries where margins are slim and even more challenging now through COVID. We started Mr Yum at the end of 2018 to help venues make the numbers work.Our product is a QR code visual menu, ordering & payment platform with options for dine-in orders, pickup takeaway and delivery. Mr Yum empowers businesses to own and understand their customers, increase spend and allow their staff to focus on meaningful interactions rather than transactional ones.
In 2020, we grew 25x, found product market fit, built a trusted brand and proved out strong unit economics. Read more at our Mr Yum 2020 Recap
With your help, we have ambitious goals to scale the business (locally & internationally!) this year by building the most beautiful, powerful tools for our customers. Our B2B customers range from national venue groups including Australian Venue Co, airports, stadiums all the way to boutique hotels and family-run restaurants.
Our team is made up of over 40 kind and driven humans working out of Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and The Philippines. We’re hiring this role for our beautiful Melbourne HQ — where we’re enjoying a mix of WFH and time collaborating in the office. Mr Yum is made with love in Melbourne, so this role will sit on the ‘Global’ HQ marketing team as we expand internationally.
Sold? Let us tell you a bit about the role:
- Own all plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals
- Lead the way by generating and closing your own sales opportunities, with a focus on larger groups and enterprise
- Assist in the development of the sales plan. Prepares forecasts and KPI reporting for upper management, for use in organisational planning, financial forecasting, budget setting and strategic planning
- Build processes for inbound leads, outbound sales and the SDR function
- Evangelise the product and personally assist team members with closing deals
- Work collaboratively across teams - including Engineering, Product, Onboarding, Account Management and Marketing
- Establish the inbound lead requirements needed to meet your sales objectives
- Provide full visibility into the sales pipeline at every stage of development
- Establish and foster partnerships and relationships with key customers both externally and internally
- 5+ years of sales leadership experience including management of SDR, inbound and outbound functions and a track record of exceeding targets
- Proven track record of leading by example with your own sales results
- A strong understanding of the hospitality and, ideally, hospitality tech industries
- Possess extensive knowledge of sales principles and practices, and an ability to coach others on them
- Extensive knowledge and experience with CRM's and sales automation software
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Strength in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Proven track record in recruiting, training and retaining sales staff
Nice to have
- Experience with a fast growing startup that has been through successful capital raises
- Has grown a sales function from 10+ staff through to 30+
- Competitive salary with ESOP (employee share option plan)
- A stocked drinks fridge, cracking open a beer on Wednesday is totally OK
- Flexible working times - most of the team start at around 10am but you can start whenever you want
- Flexibility on working from home - most of the team enjoy being in the office, our developers work remote and come in on Fridays. If you need to stay home to get some quiet time, that is totally OK too!
- A stunning office space in Collingwood - 6 minutes drive to the city, 4 minutes to the Eastern M3 and 7 mins to the Monash M1
- An awesome gym in the Melbourne HQ with everything from a squat rack to bench and free weights