Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As one of Afterpay’s AML Analysts, you’ll be joining a team that executes a number of critical processes that support Afterpay’s financial crime management systems. These processes are not only critical in supporting our ability to meet our regulatory obligations but also so we do our part in preventing and disrupting financial crime.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
- Use a variety of third-party and proprietary systems and workflows
- Work with one or more of our critical financial crime management processes, namely:
o merchant monitoring and customer screening;
o enhanced customer due diligence;
o transaction monitoring and suspicious matter reporting / suspicious activity reporting (SMR/SAR)
- Follow documented procedures and instructions, enhancing your skills to eventually work on some of our more complex and critical processes
- From time to time, work on other projects or opportunities across the business area
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- Experience working in operational teams, being able to follow documented procedures and instructions
- Some exposure to AML/CTF or broader financial crime operational environments
- You have an analytical and investigative mind, and are capable of reviewing and absorbing data from different sources to form judgements and sound conclusions
- You’re someone who listens and thrives on collaborating with diversely talented team members
- You’re comfortable clearly articulating your investigative reasonings in writing by making file notes, preparing brief investigative reports and making regulatory filings (e.g. Suspicious Matter Reports / Suspicious Transaction Reports) that Afterpay is required to lodge with government agencies
- You have an eager passion for preventing and disrupting financial crime
- While not essential, a professional membership with ACAMS, an equivalent industry body or other tertiary qualifications in the area of financial crime, fraud risk management or compliance will be highly regarded. If you do not have these, as you develop your experience and contribute to our team, opportunities will be presented to you to learn more about these areas.
You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!