Who we are
Rokt is expanding rapidly and globally – operating in 16 markets worldwide, with its headquarters in NYC, and a major R&D hub in Sydney. As the global leader in ecommerce technology, Rokt powers the Transaction Moment™ of best-in-class companies including Live Nation, Groupon, Staples, Lands' End, Fanatics, GoDaddy, Vistaprint, and HelloFresh. Our mission: To make ecommerce smarter, faster, and better.
With annual revenues of more than US$200M and a vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in ‘Great Places to Work’ in the US and Australia. Our award-winning culture is guided by our five core values: Smart with Humility, Own the Outcomes, Force for Good, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us attract, engage, and develop the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work.
The Rokt engineering team builds best-in-class e-commerce technology that provides personalized and relevant experiences for customers globally and empowers marketers with sophisticated, AI-driven tooling to better understand consumers. Our bespoke platform handles millions of transactions per day and considers billions of data points which gives engineers the opportunity to build technology at scale, collaborate across teams and gain exposure to a wide range of technology. We are expanding rapidly in our major R&D centers in NYC and Sydney. We are passionate about using intelligent systems to improve the Transaction Moment™ for retailers everywhere. We are profitable, growing fast, and having fun transforming the world of e-commerce. Come join us and build the future! Learn more at Rokt.com.
About the role
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our data integration team which is responsible for managing and evolving the Rokt Data Platform.
This team is responsible for managing all data integration of Rokt and its partners at scale.
You will be expected to apply your strong engineering, problem solving and leadership skills to prioritise and execute on new feature development and improvements to the existing platform. This will include working closely with the Product team to help prioritise and translate feature requests into clear engineering requirements, collaborating with your team of engineers.
- Work with the Product Manager to influence the direction of the product as well as collaborating with your engineering team to translate feature requests into clear technical requirements for prioritization and implementation.
- Guide the redesign of the platform to microservices using modern technologies
- Lead all agile processes and facilitate cross team engagement.
- Be responsible for the overall code quality of the team, guiding the software development effort towards fast, readable and testable code.
- Design complex features, producing high-quality design specs that strike a balance between effort, cost, complexity and risk.
- Manage and mentor the team by actively supporting them to develop their careers and to challenge them to step outside of their comfort zone for growth and development.
- Take responsibility for system operations & health by actively monitoring systems and participating in on-call rotations.
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and evangelizing appropriate tech and engineering best practices.
- 8+ years of relevant commercial software experience.
- Preferable: experience leading small high performing teams
- Bachelor's degree, equivalent experience or demonstrable aptitude
- A keen interest in the latest software engineering technologies
- Excellent knowledge of either Java and/or Scala or Golang, Python etc.
- CI/CD such as Buildkite, CircleCI, Bamboo or a similar platform
- Knowledge of containerisation technologies with Docker, bonus: Kubernetes
- Hands-on experience (including setup) of monitoring tools such as AWS CloudWatch, Prometheus, DataDog
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud platforms
- Preferable: Background working on integration platforms and solutions
- At Rokt we encourage autonomy; teams have complete ownership of their systems including building, running and monitoring. As such, you may be required to be on-call and respond to system alerts should they arise.
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high-performing, high-velocity culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses, and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - Grow your career in our rapidly growing company.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies, as well as mental health and wellness days for all employees. We also believe taking time off in sync with one another is important. As such, we shut down our offices every year in late December/early January for two weeks, partially sponsored by the company. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! Rokt offers a monthly allowance to use on a gym membership or online fitness classes. We also provide all Rokt'stars access to free 1:1 coaching, therapy and digital mental wellness resources.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone enjoys the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love you to apply for one of our open roles - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.