Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
We like to think of Money by Afterpay as Afterpay’s second album. A once-in-a-career opportunity to help re-imagine the way customers save, just as we did with the way they spend. Money by Afterpay is a money and lifestyle app that displays customers’ BNPL details alongside their daily spending account and savings goals, giving them a single, seamless view of their finances. But our vision for the role it will play in customers’ lives is so much bigger.
Ultimately, with Money by Afterpay, our goal is to create a platform that makes managing money simple, frictionless and stress-free for customers.
As the Senior Operations Manager for Money by Afterpay, you’ll oversee the customer experience from a servicing and operations perspective and ensure the overall operations of the Money by Afterpay business are working as effectively and efficiently as possible. You will need to apply your strategic and commercial acumen whilst being across the detail, and be able to manage several issues or projects simultaneously.
To be a success you’ll need an entrepreneurial mindset as this is a dynamic role with often changing priorities and demands that requires judgement, flexibility and the ability to operate with ambiguity.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
- Oversee day-to-day customer operations working closely with the wider Afterpay customer operations team and Westpac customer operations team
- Drive and own the Voice of Customer process for Money by Afterpay with a range of stakeholders
- Drive contact and concession reduction projects by partnering with business, tech and customer service stakeholders
- Dive deep into data to identify root causes, derive patterns, and determine long-term solutions that eliminate future customer contacts and enhance customer experience
- Advocate on behalf of our Customer and Customer Service during all business engagements to ensure a consistent high-bar of excellence
- Identify and challenge any negative effects on the Customer Experience prior to new launches and improvement projects
- Proactively manage large scale customer-impacting issues by mitigating the impact and effectively communicating customer expectations
- Support the Global Head of Operations for Money by Afterpay in a range of areas including overall program management, stakeholder management and governance, project planning for launches, commercial analysis on new product and feature development, financial forecasting, operational and financial metric reporting and analysis
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- You’re an analytical thinker with a proven ability to use data analytics and to dive deep into new and emerging business operations and processes
- You’re adept at looking outside the box for solutions and can probe and consider all the facts and details, while still staying aligned with long term plans and goals
- Your significant experience managing multiple, challenging projects will be well regarded
- You’re self-motivated with the ability to deal effectively with ambiguity
- You have strong commercial and operational acumen as well as critical problem-solving skills
- You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.