Culture Amp is a remote-first company and this position may be based anywhere within Australia or New Zealand. The role can be fully remote, or a mix of in-person if you’re based near our Melbourne office.
About the role
We are looking for a Product Designer to work with us on evolving our survey data reporting experience. You will be joining a new product team that can own this key domain and build on our past success, in collaboration with People Scientists and the Data Intelligence camp.
As the designer in that team you can expect to:
- Work closely with your whole team, but particularly the product manager in that team, to understand customer needs and problems.
- Create user-flows and interfaces designs that help solve the problems you’ve identified, and validate your solutions to them with customers. You’ll use that feedback to iterate quickly to find design solutions we can (and should) build.
- Communicate your process, explorations, and conclusions to your team, and to other stakeholders across the organisation.
- Collaborate with the engineers on your team to design and refine your solutions – balancing our design aspirations and any technical limitations we might encounter.
In addition to the usual designer things, some attributes that we’d rate particularly favourably, and would love you to highlight in your application:
- Experience working on products that visualise complex data in easy-to-understand ways.
- Aptitude for simplifying and explaining complex concepts.
This job is for you if:
- You have experience in designing web-based user interfaces. You have a strong foundation and understanding of design theory and principles.
- You evaluate ideas, proposals and solutions critically. Making the ideas of others stronger with your input.
- You are a proactive and clear communicator, and do so with empathy for the needs of your particular audience, whether it’s your team, the Design practice, our customers, the product group or the company at large.
- You seek to understand and solve customer problems. You think about how your work – at all levels – impacts our customers and improves their experience.
- Your process involves documenting your work. You create designs that are precise, consistent, and understood by your teammates.
- You understand the opportunities and constraints of the web as a platform, and enjoy collaborating with engineers to create interfaces that are delightful and functional.
- You’re self-motivated and can work independently. You take the initiative to ensure that you have everything you need to work efficiently and call for support when required.
- You’re aligned with our values and demonstrate them through your working practice.
Research shows us that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply for roles unless they meet all the criteria. While we have a strong bias for candidates who can do many or most of these things well already, we strongly encourage you to apply if you’re at all interested. We’d love to learn how your unique experience will improve our teams and widen our perspective.
We expect that most of our candidates will have experience in a software product development environment. Above all, we want to hire designers who we believe will help Culture Amp grow, and help our customers achieve their goals.
Supporting you at work
We ensure you have the tools and support you need to thrive, both inside and outside of work:
- A new computer and budgets for setting you up to work where and how you want
- A stake in the company’s success through our employee share options program
- Flexible working hours and arrangements so you can create a schedule that suits you
- Generous parental leave allowances and at-work support programs for both primary and secondary carers
- Resources and flexible budgets for coaching, well-being, and to support your growth
Culture Amp helps thousands of organisations across the world create a better world of work for their employees. We empower companies of all sizes and industries to understand and improve employee engagement, develop and grow high performing teams and individuals, and to retain talent. Many of the most innovative companies across the globe — Salesforce, Unilever, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, and BigCommerce — depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp believes that inclusive businesses are better, not only for company performance, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to anti-racism and lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world inside and outside of work. View our current commitments to anti-racism →