We spend a third of our lives sleeping, so we thought we’d make it memorable. Sheet Society is one of the fastest growing businesses in Australia, with exciting retail expansion. We are looking for an Assistant Store Manager to join our team at our brand new architecturally designed store in Armadale, Melbourne.
The Assistant Store Manager will work alongside our Flagship Store Manager, to deliver a phenomenal in-store retail experience for our customers. This isn’t a typical retail role, but instead an opportunity to bring Sheet Society to life and help shape how we approach retail in the real world.
Our stores are purpose built to deliver both a functional shopping experience for our customers, and an immersive space that feels just like home. We pride ourselves on delivering a customer experience like no other, and the 5,378 five star reviews we have received from our customers are a testament to both our product and the level of service we already provide, and what this role will represent.
Our Assistant Store Manager will come to the role with a background in driving sales, and motivating the casual team members. Working closely with our head office teams, they will be able to effectively optimise the store and VM to maximise sales and store flow.
The job isn’t just to sell sheets, but to instead offer a level of service that helps customers elevate their homes and the place they love most - their bed.
What you’ll be doing
- Selling Sheet Society through engagement and genuine connections with customers. Educating them about our brand, offering styling advice and enlightening them about our features and benefits that set us apart from the rest.
- Support the Flagship Store Manager to deliver a commercially profitable store.
- Working closely with our operations team to optimise stock levels of product, making sure that replenishment, stock recall and click and collect orders are working harmoniously.
- Assisting in the roll out of Visual Merchandising change over, either seasonally or with new product drops with both Product and Marketing teams.
- Assisting our customers, no matter what their reason for coming to the store. Providing a cohesive brand experience and level of service that is second to none.
- Grow and nurture a team of dreamers, fostering their capabilities and leaning into opportunities for their further development
What you look like
- You have been working in retail for at least 3 years.
- Passionate about interiors and a love for styling.
- Proven experience in smashing sales targets.
- Excellent communication skills and the capability to work closely with all departments within the business.
- You have an interest in visual merchandising as a sales driver and a brand experience, and are keen to explore this area further.
- Inventory management experience and the passion to look for efficiencies within retail operations.
- Lead, deliver and maintain top notch customer experience.
- Self-motivated and love to see everyone succeed, while having fun in the process.
Why Work With Us?
We’re growing – and we want you to come along for the ride.
The role includes benefits like learning and development opportunities, paid parental leave, compulsory days off to spend in bed (or gardening or surfing or reading), incredible product discounts, a dog-friendly office.
Be a part of an energetic and fast-growing business where good ideas get green lights, every achievement is celebrated, and we’re only just getting started.
Get in bed with us
Diversity makes us stronger. We’re looking to work with people of all genders, races, ethnicities, orientations, abilities, and disabilities, so if the above is of interest to you, then please throw your hat in the ring. (Or just your application, if you don’t like wearing hats.). Also we love a cover letter, tell us about you, and feel free to tell us what you like about us!