We have a remote-first culture and this position can be based anywhere from Australia or New Zealand. This role can be fully remote or a hybrid if you are in Melbourne. We encourage you to work in the way that best suits you.
Join us on our mission to make a better world of work 💜
Culture Amp revolutionises how over 25 million employees across 5,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, we empower companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset IN THE WORLD! The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, Unilever, PwC, Coles, Slack, and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the US, UK, and Australia. We’re recognised as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work on our website.
How you can help make a better world of work
We currently have an opening for a Technical Lead to lead a team in our Careers camp working on our Performance product. This camp has multiple teams tasked with creating transformative people-first performance reviews that are growth focussed, fair and equitable, and inspire action. Captured in a platform that is easy to use, connected and scalable.
Your role will be to provide confident technical and people leadership, empowering and enabling your engineers to achieve a high standard of technical excellence. You will be working both hands-on and hands-off, guiding outcomes that align towards our technical vision, coaching the team towards robust system architecture, their technology choices, implementation details, and product quality. As part of this team of amazing humans…
- Bring your passion for innovation and architectural fundamentals to support your team to craft and share compelling solutions with peers and stakeholders
- Take accountability for your engineering approach and how your team ships product
- Collaborate closely with your leadership team to improve your team’s performance and deliverables.
- Match your engineers with opportunities that offer them growth, while fostering a safe and collaborative environment
- Previously led a high performance engineering team and worked closely with other leaders
- Proven track record in systems design
- Experience engaging with stakeholders
- The ability to evaluate and draw intelligent conclusions
- Experience working across the stack and not perturbed by legacy systems
- An empathetic people leader who can naturally balance hands-on tasks and coaching individuals
- A passionate supporter of high quality, scaleable architecture
- An effective communicator both within your team and with external stakeholders
We want you to thrive both in and out of work, so we offer...
- Fully remote working options from anywhere in Australia or New Zealand
- Flexible working schedule to fit in with other commitments
- Active career growth and development support
- Home office budget for remote working
- Highly inclusive workplace with a keen focus on employee well-being
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme
- Comprehensive remuneration package, including share options - making you an owner so you can share in Culture Amp’s success
- A job where you are making a positive difference to millions of people’s lives! 💜
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for ‘company results’, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavour to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria – unlike the of majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements. If this applies to you - we strongly encourage you to apply. 😊