Equal Access to High-Quality Education Moves Our World Forward
At Cadmus, we believe every student should have equal opportunity to achieve academic excellence; that’s why we’re changing how the world learns!
Cadmus is a global EdTech company purposefully built for the higher education sector to break down global learning barriers by providing educators and diverse student cohorts with access to high-quality learning and assessment. Built on rich, student-centric values, Cadmus empowers individuals to achieve their highest potential and graduate with the critical skills and knowledge to profoundly impact our workforces, communities, and evolving world.
A Bold Plan for Global Impact
At Cadmus, we’re working hard in pursuit of an ambitious, world-shaping goal: to provide 1 billion students with access to high-quality education by 2050.
That’s why we need a high-performing Operations Manager to join our team and support our CEO and senior executive team.
At Cadmus, we’re doing a lot of great work rapidly to create a profound impact on our world through the power of education. With Cadmus currently being used in 50+ countries, we’re looking for an experienced Operations Manager who is passionate about supporting leadership to achieve topline company objectives.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, our Operations Manager will:
- Secure meetings with potential new customers and pipeline customers by working with the Business Development team to liaise with senior stakeholders to win meetings.
- Organise travel for executive, business development, and international team members, with seamless connections and the best deals, to ensure effective sales trips and collaborative team engagements.
- Provide a first line of screening for all hiring candidates before they proceed to subsequent stages of hiring.
- Manage all human resource, payroll, accounting and reconciliation actions by engaging with staff, bookkeepers, and accountants.
- Support the team to work remotely locally and internationally, by owning the administrative actions, including office space, work spaces, and equipment.
- Effective Communication: Demonstrate adeptness in both written and verbal communication. Craft persuasive emails to secure important outcomes such as meeting bookings, and employ convincing phone conversations to schedule crucial appointments.
- Information Synthesis and Prioritisation: Display the ability to synthesise research findings and prioritise information effectively.
- Talent Spotting: Showcase a keen eye for talent. Evaluate candidates' values, skills, and experience to determine their suitability for specific roles within the organisation.
- Detail-Oriented Acumen: Exhibit meticulous attention to detail in financial, HR and accounting matters. Ensure accuracy in numerical data, minimise costs, and adeptly identify cost-saving opportunities.
- Strategic Decision-Making: Highlight your capacity to assess multiple options and navigate through switching costs. Make informed decisions that align with organisational goals while considering potential challenges and benefits.
- Holds a bachelor's degree from a leading university
- You have 3+ years of experience in accounting, sales, operations and hiring
- Cross-Geography Logistics and Administration: Adept at organising and streamlining logistics and administrative tasks for teams operating across diverse geographical locations. Demonstrated ability to ensure seamless operations and effective coordination despite geographical challenges.
- End-to-End Team Building: Demonstrated ability to assemble and nurture high-performing teams from recruitment stages to achieving management levels. Experience encompasses comprehensive team-building processes, including recruitment, training, and developing team members into managerial roles.
- Comprehensive Corporate Management: Proven proficiency in overseeing vital organisational functions, encompassing accounting, bookkeeping, HR, and payroll. Successfully managed and ensured the accuracy and efficiency of financial and human resources operations within the company.
- Multi-Zone Project and Personnel Management: Successful experience in orchestrating projects and managing personnel across multiple time zones. Demonstrated capability to lead teams, collaborate across diverse timeframes, and deliver exceptional results in a globally distributed work environment.
- A remote-friendly, flexible working culture; where you can work from any global location
- Learning allowances; because we don’t just have words on a website, we genuinely do what we say and provide educational opportunities to all (including the Cadmus team)
- A diverse and inclusive workplace where there are no barriers to anyone succeeding
- A surrounding team of mission-driven individuals who genuinely love what they do
- Mentoring and succession planning for your career
- Pats from Homer, our resident (and super cute) dog!
Cadmus is a remote-friendly company, and this role is open to candidates in Australia or remote from anywhere globally.
Please apply online with your resume, and instead of a cover letter, we would love you to answer a few questions.
Our interview process consists of a recruiter phone screen, a hiring manager interview, a homework task and a panel interview. These will be completed in person or online (via Zoom).
Inclusivity at Cadmus
At Cadmus, we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital, or disability status. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for education, you will find a home at Cadmus.
If you need assistance or accommodations made due to a disability, please let us know.