The role’s purpose is to supercharge Finder’s data capabilities through the design, deployment and improvement of analytics capabilities.
We are looking for a Business Analyst who will support our leadership teams with insights gained from analysing company data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimisation and to test the effectiveness of different courses of action.
They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-derived insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Work closely with the COO and CEO to provide fact-based insights for business decision making
- Provide day-to-day analytical support for Executive Team including support of ad-hoc questions and special projects
- Develop KPIs to measure the company’s performance. Partner with Business Operations and other business units to ensure consistent definitions and measurements of performance
- Translate complex problem statements into specific deliverables and requirements, and then deliver on these using suitable analytical and visualisation techniques
- Design and develop scalable data solutions to meet business requirements
- Ensure consistency in performance standards and compliance to data security requirements
- Utilise cloud platform and services to perform deep analysis
- Be an active part in the delivery of the BI end-to-end solutions that include data gathering, modelling and reporting in cooperation with other team members.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proven ability to drive business outcome through storytelling with data
- Subject matter expert in common regression frameworks and statistical analysis best practices
- Experience in utilising cloud platform and services in data science work
- Be able to rapid-prototype and deliver data solutions aligned with Finder mission and values, ensuring high standards of quality, innovation, and respect for user privacy
- A passion for making data science methods robust and scalable
- Strong programming skills with proven experience in SQL and at least one statistical language (we prefer Python)
- Collaborative and innovation-focused
- Experience in a high-energy startup or an enterprise-class software company
Nice to have:
- Experience in A/B testing and its best practices;
- Experience in building/designing relational databases or reporting/BI platforms;
- Experience in modern data warehousing techniques (dimensional data modelling, ETL workflow development, etc.);
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you've been looking for, select the 'Apply Now' button below to submit your cover letter and resume. Use your cover letter to introduce us to you; we want to know who you are, what you've worked on and why you think you'd be a great addition to the Finder team.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Email [email protected] with any questions or feedback.