Afterpay has transformed the way people pay by allowing shoppers to receive products immediately and pay in simple instalments over a short period of time. The service is completely free for customers who pay on time - helping consumers spend money responsibly, without incurring interest, fees or revolving and extended debt. Afterpay is offered by more than 100,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 16 million active customers globally.
The solution is currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada and several southern European countries. Afterpay is on a mission to be the world’s most loved way to pay. We are building our tech teams in Melbourne, Sydney, San Francisco and Shanghai. We’re team players, committed to fast-paced quality work, and we’re looking for people who are keen to be part of something new as it rapidly grows to sky-high limits.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager to drive planning, build processes and enable our teams to build and deliver great products on time and at scale for the Risk & Data Data Science department. You will work with cross-functional teams and be responsible for managing deliverables, identifying and mitigating risks, ensuring communication, and influencing decisions. You are an ambassador across Afterpay, setting standards for decision making, collaboration, ownership mindset, and efficiency.
Continuously drive product optimization and innovation for ML/Feature Platform by working with stakeholders closely.- Streamline processes, simplify execution, release on time, bring tooling and efficiencies and help teams execute- Lead the prioritization and trade-offs in order to balance developer experience, customer experience, and time to market- Establish business processes, policies, and metrics and define indicators for success- Ensure all programs have project plans and timelines, project teams have clear goals, objectives, and deliverables consistent with company goals
- 5+ years of Agile program/project management experience.
- Experience with project management tools (e.g. JIRA, Portfolio, Confluence).
- Deep understanding of agile and waterfall development processes
- Experience with Google suites
- General appreciation for software architecture and software development concepts
- Strong ownership attitude, focused on proactively removing program obstacles, and willingness to drive every project through to completion
- Project Management skills certified. (e.g., PMP, CSM)
- Solid understanding on big data products, and hands on experience of leading and implementing
- Strong influence, collaboration, and negotiation skills
- Has high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
- Strongly oriented towards results and able to inspire passion in others
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, where priorities can shift rapidly