At Spaceship, we’re on a mission to enable people to invest in their future, so they can live the life they want to live. We started in 2017 with Spaceship Super, and in 2018 we launched Spaceship Voyager, which is making investing easy, for everyone.
Since launch, we have grown to more than 200,000 financial members and surpassed $1 billion in funds under management – but we’re just getting started.
What will you be doing?
As a Software Engineer at Spaceship, you will work in a cohesive team environment where each engineer influences the technical and architectural direction. Our stack is modern - React / React Native in the frontend; Go in the backend - all running in a containerised microservices architecture on GCP.
You will be part of a team responsible for building products and features across Spaceship’s app and website. You will operate across the stack, working predominantly in the frontend, while delving into the backend if and when a project requires.
In short, you will play a central role in building our products, driving growth, and shaping what the future of investment looks like as code!
What are we looking for?
- 4+ years in a B2C, product-focused, Full-Stack or Front-End engineering role.
- Professional experience using Typescript, React / React Native, GraphQL, Golang, SQL, Microservices.
- A desire to work mostly in Front-End, but a willingness to delve into the backend.
- You have a tech startup, agile mentality, and an interest in FinTech and investing.
What are the perks and benefits?
- Competitive salary + equity options.
- Monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
- Emphasis on a healthy work/life balance.
- Flexibility to work from home and/ or in our new CBD office.
Who are we?
We are ~50 people passionate about enabling people to invest in their future.
We value forward-thinking, accessibility, curiosity, transparency and simplicity in everything we do - from the way we collaborate to the products we create.
Spaceship has raised more than $50m to date from some of the world’s most renowned investors including Horizons Ventures, AirTree Ventures, Grok Ventures, Valar Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and New Enterprise Associates.