Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our over 500 strong team of Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of banking for Australian businesses.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
The Customer Solutions - Complaints Team Leader is responsible for managing the day to day running of the Complaints Team. This will include leading and coaching the Complaints Specialists’, driving the voice of the customer through strategic initiatives to help with complaint management and resolution, handling escalated customer complaints (in line with regulatory requirements), and Risk & Compliance governance. They will have a passion for customer service, process improvement and enhancing the team culture. They will need to work with their peers and internal stakeholders in all aspects of their work.
· Lead a team of Complaints Specialists to drive high performance through performance indicators and scorecards
· Internal reporting on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
· Recruit, retain, manage, motivate and coach staff in line with Tyro’s culture and desired behaviours
· Investigate complaint drivers, conduct root cause analysis and work closely with the CE&R team to align customer messaging, therefore ultimately reduce customer dissatisfaction
· Embedding Tyro’s complaint handling policy across the Customer Team
· Drive and operationalise process, regulatory and system changes within the Complaints Team and more across CS&S (eg, RG271 compliance)
· Assist with AFCA complaints, escalated IDR complaints and ‘Customer’ raised incidents
· Work with key stakeholders (including Risk and Product) to ensure that regulatory requirements are met, regulatory timeframes are adhered to, and drive activities that aim to reduce key complaint drivers
· Transition EDR processes into the Complaints team through collaboration with Compliance
· Participate in industry initiatives related to complaints handling processes and/or systems
· Contribute to the success of the Customer Solutions team by:
o Time to resolution >=80% complaints within 5 days
o Provide a final response or issue a customer extension to 100% of complaints that reach 30 days
· Be able to escalate, investigate and problem solve to resolve any unusual customer scenarios
· Assist with process improvement initiatives to ultimately improve the customer journey and experience
· Help the Customer Solutions Manager and the CS&S leadership team rollout strategic initiatives and change management
· Comply with Tyro policies and procedures, including completing mandatory training within the required timeframes
· Proactively seek to expand their knowledge on Tyro's products and services and stay up to date with any changes
· Assist the Customer Solutions Manager to build and encourage a high performing team across Customer Solutions, and establish a scalable operating model through delivering a sustainable cross-skilling capability
· Maintain and develop personal brand
· Display a competent level of business acumen
Desired Qualifications and Experience
· People management and coaching
· Understanding of the regulatory requirements within Banking/Finance industries
· Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
· Have an enthusiasm for customer service, and being the voice of the customer
· Continuously look for opportunities for process improvements and improving the customer experience
· Motivated and results driven
· Have a keen attention to detail
· Ability to work as part of a team and contribute to positive outcomes for the team
· Excellent Verbal and written Communication skills
· Ability to multi-task and display effective time management skills
· Use of Microsoft Excel
Knowledge of payment and banking products
Perks & Benefits
We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a flexible working environment with a mix of in-office and remote working, learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 12 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, social events which includes multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and many more!
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia’s largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 500 staff, $20.1 billion in transactions in FY20, we’re much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses.
Wow the Customer - We love our customers and we want them to love us too.
Be Good - We're open and transparent, and we do the right thing - even when nobody's watching or it's really hard.
Commit to Greatness - We think big, move fast and dare to be different. We're always asking "what's next?"
Stay Hungry - We ooze passion and determination and we play as a team to win.
Privacy and Submitting your Application
Tyro does not accept unsolicited agency CV’s. Please do not forward resumes to the team if you are not one of our listed preferred recruitment partners. Tyro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.