Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us on our mission to change education around the world. We’re a rapidly growing startup and are looking for a FP&A Analyst to help take us through the next phase of company growth.
Who we are?
Xplor and QK Technologies have recently joined forces to become an international team of over 150 people hailing from offices in Melbourne, Brisbane and London. Being part of TSG and their Education vertical, both our brands share the passion for education and innovative technology and want to support those who make it great.
Our product suite is changing education by helping childcare services and educators easily manage and automate all aspects of their operations, as well as by connecting parents with their children's well-being and growth.
What will I be doing as an FP&A Analyst?
Working with in the FP&A team, reporting to the FP&A Director, you will:
- Support the Finance Director and FP&A Director in the construction of budgets and reforecasts for the Group and Operations vertical.
- Work as a business partner for departments and provide financial support and coaching to key departments within the Education vertical
- Support in the development and implementation of improvements in planning processes and ensure alignment Group policies and practises.
- Ensure timely reporting of financial performance and KPIs.
- Undertake routine and ad hoc analysis of commercial and operational performance to derive insights, identify opportunity and risk, and drive robust decision making.
- Support the Strategic Programs team and FP&A Director in driving implementation of operating initiatives such as system implementation, system optimisation, M&A integrations etc.
- Assess return on investment to support recommendations on capital expenditure and software development.
- Own the modelling and forecasting workbooks for the corporate level budgeting, group cash and capital planning.
RequirementsWhat would make me a good candidate for this role?
- CFA or CA certified
- Any experience of M&A of Deal Advisory would be an advantage
- Advanced reporting capability and advanced modelling
- Demonstrated experience with core accounting processes and general ledger interaction
- Demonstrated track record of delivering high quality financial analysis and reporting
- Deep knowledge of best practice FP&A operations
- Strong commercial awareness
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and motivational skills
- Demonstrated ability to build high quality stakeholder relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates TSG’s behaviors (positive, progressive, supportive, confident, clear)
- Excellent problem-solving skills and an analytical mind
- Adaptability and flexibility, able to manage fast paced change
- Proactive, self-motivated learner with a strong drive to achieve personal goals
- Ability to work in a team where you manage your own time and priorities
- Motivated by a fast paced, high pressure environment where you will have to constantly adapt - no two days are the same!
- You’re a true team player who knows that we all have to sometimes roll up our sleeves
- You align with our four core values: Be Humble, Obsess Over Others, Think Deeply Move Quickly, and Embrace Change
What it means to work for us
You get to be a part of redefining the education sector and have a chance to make a real impact every single day you come to work. Some of the other perks of working with us:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn, with accelerated career development for high performers
- A collaborative, flat structured team environment with people who truly love what they do
- Regular social activities and celebrations
- 10 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave benefit
- 3 days paid Volunteer Leave per year
- Childcare discounts, mental health support
- Flexible work arrangements, including remote working
- Discounts to study an MBA in Innovation and Leadership
- Discounts on tech from Apple and JB Hi-Fi
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter and we will be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "FinanceRocket" at the top of your cover